This cold 3 bean salad is so easy to make and is dressed in a zingy and sweet vinaigrette. Make it days ahead of time for an easy holiday side dish that everyone will love.
3 Bean Salad
This classic 3 bean salad recipe is a must for any holiday table this year! So easy to make, and you can make it several days in advance, making it perfect if you are planning a big feast.
This side dish is made with simple ingredients and takes just 5 minutes to prep. Did I mention it’s delicious?!
Why you’ll love this Three Bean Salad Recipe:
- So quick and easy! You just need 5 minutes and a few simple ingredients and you have the most yummy side dish ready to serve.
- Make ahead. You can make this salad up to 7 days before you serve it! Perfect to get ahead with things!
- It’s a classic for a reason! A version of this salad has always been on my holiday table, in fact, it’s expected! It’s super delicious and everyone always wants seconds!
How to make a 3 bean salad from scratch
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl.
Yep! It’s really that easy!
How to store this bean salad
One of the reasons this dish always gets made is because it has a great shelf life. It will keep for up to a week when stored covered in the fridge. Stir the salad each day to help the flavors blend and develop.
What beans are in a 3 bean salad?
The three beans that make up this salad are:
- Green beans
- Wax beans
- Red beans
The beans are all canned so there’s no cooking required and the prep time is minimal. Just drain and rinse the beans and you are good to go!
What do you serve with it?
This bean salad is a super versatile side. It’s great with all your holiday favorites. Try it with:
- Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
- Thanksgiving turkey!
- Pork Crown Roast Recipe with Whiskey Glaze
- Best Prime Rib Roast Recipe
- If Cut Green & Wax Beans (in one can) aren’t available, substitute 1 can Cut Green Beans and 1 can Cut Wax Beans.
- Be sure to rinse the beans well as they can be quite salty straight out of the can.
- Let the salad sit for at least 8 hours before serving to let the flavors develop.
- Don’t forget to garnish with fresh cilantro or parsley, it adds a wonderful freshness to the dish.
More Easy Holiday Sides
- Simple Oven Roasted Vegetables Recipe
- Crunchy Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping
- Sautéed Brussels Sprouts Recipe with Pears, Blue Cheese, and Walnuts
- Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes Recipe
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!