Treat yourself this fall with this classic snickers apple salad recipe. This delicious dessert is perfect to serve to a crowd and takes minutes to make. With flavors of chocolate, apple, caramel and nuts, it’s always a favorite!
Easy Candy Bar Apple Salad Recipe
Full of the flavors of fall, this simple sweet treat is simple to prep. Chopped apples and Snicker bars are mixed with pudding mix and cream cheese, and finished with chocolate and caramel sauce. It’s perfectly sweet with a crunchy texture.
Why you’ll love this Snickers Apple Salad recipe:
- QUICK AND EASY: It only takes 15 minutes to make this recipe and there’s no cooking involved!
- KID FRIENDLY: It goes without saying that kids love this recipe. It’s a great one that they can help you out with in the kitchen too!
- MADE FOR SHARING: This recipe easily serves twelve, so it’s a great option for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
This is such an effortless recipe to make, but it’s a real crowd pleaser. Trust me, everyone will love this!
How to make Snickers Apple Salad as a Side, Salad, or Dessert
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Mix together the chopped apples and candy bars.
- In another bowl mix the cheesecake instant pudding mix and the cream cheese and fold in the whipped topping.
- Combine the cream cheese mix with the apples and candy.
- Top with more chopped apples and Snickers bars.
- Drizzle with chocolate and caramel sauce.
We like to make this recipe with Granny Smith apples. They are firm and tart and balance great with the sweet candy. Jonagold, Honeycrisp or Braeburn will all work well too.
Yes, this is a great make ahead dessert. Once made, cover it and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. If you want to make it further ahead of time, you can toss the apple chunks in a little lemon juice to slow the browning process.
Just as Watergate Salad is called a salad, this is a dessert! It’s creamy and sweet with flavors of chocolate and caramel.
This candy apple salad is so easy to adapt to your own tastes. You can use different flavored pudding mixes like butterscotch or caramel, or add different candies like Rolos or Twix. You can also add in different fruits like bananas, grapes or strawberries.
- Cut the apples into small and similar sized chunks. They should be roughly the same size as the pieces of Snickers bar so that everything combines evenly when you mix it.
- If you want to make this further ahead of time, toss the apple pieces in a little lemon juice so that they don’t oxidize and brown to quickly.
- Keep covered and refrigerated until ready to serve.
This simple recipe is a classic for good reason! It has all of the flavors of fall, and it’s guaranteed to please!
If you are stuck for ideas when it comes to desserts for crowds or pot lucks, then this Snickers apple salad is a winner! So easy and extra delicious!
More Salad Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!