Spiked Raspberry Sweet Tea is just made for sunny porches on Summer days. This sweet tea cocktail is out of this world! There is nothing better on a hot summer day than good, homemade sweet tea!! I take that back….nothing better than good, homemade Spiked Raspberry Sweet Tea!
I hate when sweet tea is too sweet, it has to be just right. McDonalds….wayyyy too sweet. Our Homemade Sweet Tea recipe is just right. Add in the raspberry liquor, garnish with your favorite fruits, and pour over ice? The perfect summer cocktail. Sip it on a porch? Even better.
Why this sweet tea is so good
- A sweet tea cocktail that’s just the right level of sweet!
- A super refreshing tipple, perfect for hot summer days in the garden.
- A great batch cocktail, serve up a pitcher in no time.
- Deliciously fruity notes from the tangy raspberries.
- Tea Bags – either 2 family sized or 8 regular. I prefer Luzianne.
- Sugar – adjust for sweetness.
- Chambord Liquor – a berry flavored liquor that adds real depth to the tea (optional)
- Vodka – Go for a good quality vodka, for a smoother drink.
- Baking soda – A pinch of baking soda makes a world of difference in a pitcher of freshly brewed sweet tea. It neutralizes the tannins in black tea, giving it a smoother taste.
- Garnish – mint, raspberries or orange slices.
How to make this Spiked Raspberry Sweet Tea
Let the tea bags steep in some recently boiled water. Remove the tea bags, then add sugar and baking soda, stir. If desired, add Chambord and vodka. Let the tea cool and serve over ice with garnish.
Is there caffeine in this sweet tea?
Yes, this Raspberry Sweet Tea is made with black tea which has caffeine. You can use decaf, or you can use use double strength tea in this recipe to have the tea stand out against the raspberries.
A great summer cocktail
Doesn’t this drink just scream summer?! There’s nothing more refreshing or satisfying than good sweet tea. Or, like I said, the Spiked Raspberry kind. :)
It’s a really refreshing drink, especially when you garnish with fresh mint and raspberries!
How much sugar in this sweet tea?
There is one and a half cups of sugar in this recipe of Raspberry Iced Tea. You can adjust the amount to suit your taste. If you prefer a sweeter tea, add a little more. If you prefer less, just reduce the amount of sugar. It’s perfect for everyone!
- Adjust the sugar to your taste.
- You can make the sweet tea separate from the liquor and make the spiked part ‘by the glass’. Use 1 cup sweet tea and 3-4 tablespoons Chambord.
- You can omit the Chambord and or vodka, for an equally delicious alcohol free sweet tea
- Serve with whatever garnishes you like, fresh mint and raspberries are great.
Check out these other delicious cocktals
- Best Frozen Margaritas Recipe
- Blood Orange Paloma Cocktail Recipe
- Mojito Pitcher Recipe (Best Mojito Recipe for a Crowd)
- Strawberry Lemonade Party Punch Recipe
Have you tried this Spiked Raspberry Sweet Tea? Feel free to leave a star rating and I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!