Perfectly warming and cozy this creamy and cheesy white chicken lasagna soup is the must have comfort food this fall and winter. Simple to make and so delicious, it’s sure to warm your body and soul!
Easy White Chicken Lasagna Soup Recipe
Soup season is well and truly here, and this hearty and filling pasta soup ticks all the right boxes! Creamy and cheesy, this chicken and spinach soup tastes so indulgent, and is the perfect way to warm up on a cold day.
Why you’ll love this One Pot Lasagna Soup recipe:
- ONE POT: Everything for this delicious soup is all made in one pot, so even the clean up is a breeze.
- EASY: Simple to make, this soup is quick to prep and ready to serve in 45 minutes with very little hands on cooking time, so it’s perfect for a family weeknight meal.
- DELICIOUS: I seriously could not stop eating this! It’s so rich and flavorful and the heavy cream, parm and cream cheese make it extra rich and creamy in texture.
If you are looking for a delicious and satisfying comfort food meal, you have got to give this soup a go!
How to make White Chicken Lasagna Soup on the Stovetop
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Soften the onions and add the garlic and thyme.
- Stir in the flour.
- Add the broth and chicken, bring to a boil.
- Add the noodles and simmer.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken and shred.
- Add in the cream and cheeses and incorporate.
- Add the shredded chicken back to the pot with the spinach.
- Cook til the spinach has wilted.
This is best enjoyed soon after it’s made as the lasagna noodles will start to soften when it sits. Leftovers will keep well in the fridge for up to 4 days and can be reheated on the stovetop. You may want to add a little water or stock to the pot when you reheat it as the noodles will have absorbed liquid.
It’s best not to freeze this soup as there’s a lot of dairy in it. When dairy is frozen and thawed, the texture can change quite considerably and become grainy.
Yes of course, chicken thighs will work great in this recipe. Just be sure that they are fully cooked when you shred them as they will require a few extra minutes of cooking time.
Soups are a great way of using up veggies you have in your fridge. Bell peppers, mushrooms or carrots would all work great.
This white chicken lasagna soup is a full meal by itself, but you can easily serve it up with bread or salad sides if you like. Try it with:
This soup is sure to warm your soul and leave you feeling full and satisfied.
- Other types of pasta will also work well in this soup, penne, macaroni or bow tie are all great choices.
- Use a low fat cream cheese and half and half to reduce calories and fat, though it won’t be as rich and creamy.
- Make this soup gluten-free by using GF flour and noodles.
This white chicken lasagna soup is like a big hug in a bowl. It’s perfect to enjoy on those chilly evenings after a long day.
When you are craving comfort food, this white chicken lasagna soup is a sure fire hit. Indulgent, carby and creamy, what’s not to love?!
More Easy Soup Recipes we Love
- Italian Wedding Soup
- Instant Pot Ham and Bean Soup
- Swedish Meatball Soup
- Crockpot Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Chicken Parmesan Soup
- Shepherd’s Pie Soup
- Turkey Noodle Soup
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!