This slimmed down and super easy fruit dip is perfect for any occasion. Kid friendly but equally loved by adults!
When I was younger, one of my very favorite after school snacks was caramel dip with apple slices. I could literally lick the container clean. So delicious. As an adult, I still love that flavor combination. This easy dip is thrown together in minutes and will please the pickiest eater, adults and kids alike! (Relatively) Guilt-free snacking is always the best! I adapted this recipe from a great one I found on Simple Farmstead Cooking. Such a fun site!
I don’t have kids, but I do have a super cute niece, Desdi. She is the 2 year old tornado. She is hilarious, so smart, and quite the personality. Pat and I are keeping her overnight Friday for her parents to have a date night, and I’m so excited. I plan on making this dip, turning on “How to Train Your Dragon” (forget Frozen, Dez is alllll about Toothless), and having a great night with my best girl. Special shout-out to Pat for lending his hands
meatpaws to this Skinny Caramel Apple Dip photo shoot. I wish someone would videotape us as we are trying to get these shots right. It’s quite a production. I think he did pretty well. :)
- 8-ounce package fat free cream cheese, softened
- ½ a tub (about 6 ounces) fat-free or light Cool Whip
- ½ cup white chocolate chips (optional...feel free to leave out for less calories)
- 1 16 ounce jar of your favorite caramel sauce (Sugar Free Caramel Ice Cream Topping by Smuckers is great. For a splurge tasty treat, try Salted Caramel Simple Delights by Smuckers)
- Apple slices, for dipping
- In an electric mixer, blend cream cheese, Cool Whip, and caramel sauce until well combined.
- Mix in white chocolate chips
- You can eat immediately, or refridgerate for about an hour to allow to firm up a bit. Serve with apple slices.