A recipe for Macaroni and Cheese in just 15 minutes? Yes, you can make a delicious and easy One Pot Mac and Cheese in no time at all! This simple mac and cheese recipe is so tasty, so cheesy, and can be made in minutes. Welcome to your new go-to meal!
15 Minute Recipe for Macaroni and Cheese
This 15 Minute Recipe for Macaroni and Cheese is incredibly easy and incredibly tasty. Make dinner easy with this one pot mac and cheese recipe!
There was a time, not long ago, when I literally couldn’t cook a thing. Not one single thing. Not even a simple mac and cheese recipe. My roommate joked that I couldn’t make instant coffee…so it was a very sad situation. I would get nervous when I would babysit because “what if the kids need me to cook dinner?” Looking back, it seems pretty silly.
If I would have learned this one simple recipe a couple years ago, then I might have never gone on this cooking journey. This 15 Minute recipe for Macaroni and Cheese is so easy and so good, I might have decided then that I didn’t need to cook anything else!
This One Pot Mac and Cheese literally takes 15 minutes or less. All you need is the time it takes to boil noodles and add your ingredients, and that is it. Perfect, right? The ingredients sound a bit strange (egg, evaporated milk, mustard), but somehow they all come together to make the best mac and cheese recipe I have ever had!
Why you will love this recipe!
- One pot: All made in the same pot, even clean up is a breeze!
- Quick and easy: Even the most novice of cooks will master this homemade mac and cheese recipe, and it’s a perfect go to after a busy day.
- Kid-friendly: This is one delicious dinner that the whole family will love, even your picky eaters will devour it!
How to Make Macaroni and Cheese in 15 Minutes
One pot mac and cheese in 15 minutes…without a box? Some recipes just seem to good to be true, but I promise this one is REAL and REALLY easy. This is my favorite recipe for macaroni and cheese simply because I can make it when I’m in a rush and need something quick to fill me up. Plus it’s super yummy!
- Cook the macaroni noodles.
- Combine the rest of your ingredients (except butter) in a bowl.
- Melt butter in the microwave.
- When noodles are done, turn off heat, drain noddles and return to pot.
- Stir the butter into the noodles.
- Add the other mixture into the pot of macaroni.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring slowly.
This recipe for macaroni and cheese shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes, possibly less depending on how long your noodles take. Cheesy, creamy, and easy! See the recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
Quick mac and cheese recipe
Why bother with boxed mac and cheese when you can make this recipe for macaroni and cheese from scratch in 15 minutes or less? It’s a no-brainer! The ingredients in this simple mac and cheese recipe blend together perfectly to create something soooo creamy and cheesy. I can’t get enough of it!
This is perfect for dinner or as a side dish. Any time you need a quick and easy meal for your family or just for yourself, make this one pot mac and cheese in no time. You’ll want to make this every single night, so be warned: it’s addicting!
Can you make it ahead of time?
This mac and cheese is best enjoyed as soon as it’s made, but if you have leftovers, they will keep well covered in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
This simple mac and cheese recipe just became my new favorite meal! And to make it even better, you could change it up and make this recipe in so many different ways. Try adding various cheeses, pop in some tomatoes, or add chicken or shrimp to take it up a notch. A great base recipe that you can make your own is a wonderful thing.
Use whatever ingredients your family loves. This is definitely the BEST mac and cheese recipe if you ask me!
Recipe Notes and Tips
- Cook the pasta al dente. It will continue to cook after it is drained and again when it’s mixed with the sauce.
- Evaporated milk makes this one pot mac and cheese super creamy. You can use regular diary milk (2%), but it won’t be as rich.
- Feel free to make this recipe with penne of fusilli if you don’t have macaroni noodles to hand.
Comfort food is best when it only takes 15 minutes to make. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy this simple recipe for macaroni and cheese!
More Mac and Cheese Recipes
- King Ranch Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Baked Mexican Mac and Cheese
- Pumpkin Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- White Cheddar Mac and Cheese Skillet
- Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
- Super Easy Mac and Cheese
- BEST Baked Mac and Cheese
- Loaded Chili Macaroni and Cheese