A recipe for Macaroni and Cheese in just 15 minutes? Yes, you can make a delicious and easy One Pot Mac and Cheese in no time at all! This simple mac and cheese recipe is so tasty, so cheesy, and can be made in minutes. Welcome to your new go-to meal!
15 Minute Recipe for Macaroni and Cheese
This 15 Minute Recipe for Macaroni and Cheese is incredibly easy and incredibly tasty. Make dinner easy with this one pot mac and cheese recipe!
There was a time, not long ago, when I literally couldn’t cook a thing. Not one single thing. Not even a simple mac and cheese recipe. My roommate joked that I couldn’t make instant coffee…so it was a very sad situation. I would get nervous when I would babysit because “what if the kids need me to cook dinner?” Looking back, it seems pretty silly.
If I would have learned this one simple recipe a couple years ago, then I might have never gone on this cooking journey. This 15 Minute recipe for Macaroni and Cheese is so easy and so good, I might have decided then that I didn’t need to cook anything else!
This One Pot Mac and Cheese literally takes 15 minutes or less. All you need is the time it takes to boil noodles and add your ingredients, and that is it. Perfect, right? The ingredients sound a bit strange (egg, evaporated milk, mustard), but somehow they all come together to make the best mac and cheese recipe I have ever had!
Make dinner time super easy with this 15 Minute Recipe for Macaroni and Cheese. Cheesy, delicious One Pot Mac and Cheese to the rescue!
Easy and Quick One Pot Mac and Cheese
Why bother with boxed mac and cheese when you can make this recipe for macaroni and cheese from scratch in 15 minutes or less? It’s a no-brainer! The ingredients in this simple mac and cheese recipe blend together perfectly to create something soooo creamy and cheesy. I can’t get enough of it!
This is perfect for dinner or as a side dish. Any time you need a quick and easy meal for your family or just for yourself, make this one pot mac and cheese in no time. You’ll want to make this every single night, so be warned: it’s addicting!
How to Make Macaroni and Cheese in 15 Minutes
One pot mac and cheese in 15 minutes…without a box? Some recipes just seem to good to be true, but I promise this one is REAL and REALLY easy. This is my favorite recipe for macaroni and cheese simply because I can make it when I’m in a rush and need something quick to fill me up. Plus it’s super yummy!
How to Make 15 Minute Mac and Cheese:
- Cook macaroni noodles according to package instructions.
- Combine the rest of your ingredients (except butter) in a bowl.
- Melt butter in the microwave.
- When noodles are done, turn off heat, drain noddles and return to pot.
- Stir butter into the noodles.
- Add the other mixture into the pot of macaroni, and turn heat on to low.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring slowly.
This recipe for macaroni and cheese shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes, possibly less depending on how long your noodles take. Cheesy, creamy, and easy! See the recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
Recommended Products to make this simple mac and cheese recipe
Best Mac and Cheese Recipe
This simple mac and cheese recipe just became my new favorite meal! And to make it even better, you could change it up and make this recipe in so many different ways. Try adding various cheeses, pop in some tomatoes, or add chicken or shrimp to take it up a notch. A great base recipe that you can make your own is a wonderful thing. Use whatever ingredients your family loves. This is definitely the BEST mac and cheese recipe if you ask me!
Comfort food is best when it only takes 15 minutes to make. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy this simple recipe for macaroni and cheese!
See the recipe card below for details on how to make One Pot Mac and Cheese (in 15 minutes). Enjoy!
If you like this easy recipe for macaroni and cheese, try these other delicious mac and cheese recipes:
- King Ranch Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Baked Mexican Mac and Cheese
- Pumpkin Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- White Cheddar Mac and Cheese Skillet
- Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
- Super Easy Mac and Cheese Recipe
- Loaded Chili Macaroni and Cheese
- 8 oz. macaroni noodles
- 3/4 cup 6 oz. evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp smooth dijon mustard
- 1/8 t nutmeg
- 1 t dried basil
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 4 T butter
- 2 cups shredded cheese we used 1 1/2 cup mexican blend as well as 1/2 cup bellavitano sartori chai tea cheese. from hyvee. you could use any sartori cheese or gruyere to give it an extra kick. if you can't find those, any shredded cheese will work. use the kind you like best
- pepper to taste
- Cook noodles according to package directions to al dente.
While you're cooking the noodles, combine everything except the butter in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl and set aside.
Once noodles are done, drain and return to the pot (turn off heat) add butter and stir to coat the noodles.
Add the egg mixture to noodles and turn the heat to low. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, until mixture thickens and cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately. (it will thicken and dry out if you wait too long)