Air Fryer Crab Cakes are incredibly easy to make in just a matter of minutes. Mix lump crab meat with Old Bay, lemon juice, bread crumbs, and more for ultra crispy and flavorful crab cakes!
- Easy Crab Cakes
- Why You’ll Love this Crab Cake Recipe:
- How to Make Air Fryer Crab Cakes
- Can I double this crab cakes recipe?
- What is the best way to reheat crab cakes?
- What sauces go well with crab cakes?
- More Seafood Dinner Recipes We Love
- More Quick Appetizer Recipes to Try:
- Air Fryer Crab Cakes Recipe
- Email This Recipe
- Becky’s tips
- Nutrition Information
Easy Crab Cakes
I hardly remember life before the air fryer. Sure, I still use my oven plenty, but whenever I make recipes like this I’m reminded why I turn to my air fryer so often. In just 15 minutes, each crab cake is cooked to perfection with a wonderfully crunchy exterior and tender center.
Homemade crab cakes have NEVER been so easy to make!
Why You’ll Love this Crab Cake Recipe:
- CRABBY: No imitation crab here! These cakes are made with plenty of fresh, lump crab meat.
- FLAVORFUL: With bright and zesty ingredients, each crab cake is wonderfully seasoned.
- CROWD PLEASING: Homemade crab cakes always impress! Prepare the cakes ahead of time and pop them into the air fryer before dinner guests come over.
These air fried cakes double as an appetizer or an entree everyone loves!
Email This Recipe
Enter your email and we’ll send the recipe directly to you!
How to Make Air Fryer Crab Cakes
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the crab and bread crumbs.
- Gently fold in the crab meat and bread crumbs.
- Evenly divide the crab mixture into 4 and shape into patties.
- Pour extra bread crumbs into a bowl and press each patty into the bread crumbs.
- Place the crab patties onto a plate and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 370°F.
- Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick spray, place the crab cakes into the basket, and spray the tops of the crab cakes.
- Cook for 15 minutes, flipping the crab cakes halfway through.
For best results, use jumbo lump crab meat. In a pinch, claw meat can be used instead.
To prevent the crab cakes from falling apart, be sure to chill the cakes for at least 30 minutes prior to cooking.
Absolutely! You can make the crab patties or fully cooked crab cakes ahead of time. To make crab patties ahead of time, follow the recipe through step 5. Refrigerate for up to 1 day, then continue with the recipe. Cooked crab cakes stay fresh in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and reheat well in the air fryer.
If you don’t have an air fryer, bake these crab cakes in the oven at 375°F for about 25 minutes. Flip them halfway through.
You sure can! Simply reduce the cooking time by a few minutes and keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
Best Small Air Fryers
We have reviewed our top 6 Small Air Fryers! Get reviews, pros, cons, and prices!
These crab cakes are a texture lover’s dream!
- Use fresh, lump crab meat. Do NOT use imitation crab!
- Avoid pre-bottled lemon juice – fresh is best. Plus, you’ll need the zest anyways!
- If you don’t have a citrus zester, zest the lemon using the smaller hole side of a cheese grater.
- Use a nonstick spray to lightly spray the basket AND the crab cakes.
- Flip the crab cakes halfway through cooking so they cook evenly.
Feeling crabby?! Me too!
Can I double this crab cakes recipe?
Yes! Make sure to work in batches so you don’t overcrowd the air fryer. When one batch is finished cooking, put them on a plate and cover with foil so they stay warm.
What is the best way to reheat crab cakes?
The air fryer, of course! Place cold, leftover crab cakes in the air fryer at 350°F for about 7-8 minutes or until warmed through.
What sauces go well with crab cakes?
Homemade Tartar Sauce is always my go to choice! For even more flavor, stir in a little Old Bay or hot sauce.
More Seafood Dinner Recipes We Love
- Air Fryer Breaded Tilapia
- Shrimp Creole
- Crab Legs
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Salmon Burgers
- Lobster Tails
- Seafood Lasagna
No matter how or when you serve crab cakes, you’re going to love them!
More Quick Appetizer Recipes to Try:
- Air Fryer Jalapeño Poppers
- Potato Pancakes
- Crab Rangoons
- Instant Pot Buffalo Wings
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- Seared Scallops
- Tomato Bruschetta
- Cowboy Caviar
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.