If you are looking for an easy finger food appetizer, this bacon wrapped asparagus with dijon may just be for you! Simple to make with just a handful of ingredients these canapés are perfect to serve at any party.
Bacon wrapped asparagus is such an easy appetizer – let me take you through how to make this classic canapé and get perfect results every time!
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Asparagus with Dijon
- Heat oven to 400°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Spray both sides of a wire, cooking rack with nonstick spray and place the rack over the baking sheet.
- Trim the tough ends off the asparagus spears, cutting so the spears are the same length. If the asparagus has tough outer skin, peel the spears starting halfway down and to the end. (Most asparagus doesn’t need to be peeled.)
- Tightly wrap each asparagus spear with ½ slice of bacon and place the spears on the prepared wire rack set over the baking sheet.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes. Rotate the pan and flip the bacon-wrapped spears over.
- Bake an additional 8-10 minutes or until the bacon has crisped. If needed, set the oven to broil and broil 1 minute. Watch closely.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and cool to touch.
What you need to make this bacon wrapped asparagus
You just need 3 ingredients to make this appetizer:
- thick asparagus spears
- thin-sliced pepper-bacon
- dijon mustard
That’s it! Get good quality ingredients and you are in for a great treat!
Low carb appetizer
Here’s the good news for those following a low carb diet or on keto – there’s only 1g of carbs in three of these bacon wrapped asparagus! Less than 150 calories too and they have no added sugar so they are a great for people following many diets.
How much do you cut off of the asparagus?
You just need to trim the tough ends off the asparagus spears and so that the spears are the same length. If the asparagus has tough outer skin, peel the spears starting halfway down and to the end. (Most asparagus doesn’t need to be peeled.). Don’t get rid of the woody stems by bending them til they snap – you can lose a lot of the good parts of the vegetable this way.
What do you serve with bacon wrapped asparagus?
This appetizer is the perfect finger food that can simply be served alongside dijon mustard for dipping. Serve it alongside your other favorite canapés like:
- Shrimp and Grits Appetizer Cups (Garlic Butter Shrimp and Grits Recipe)
- Creamy Spinach Dip Crostini Appetizers
- Cheesy Asparagus Crescent Roll Appetizers
- Crock Pot Kielbasa Sausage Bites Appetizer
Top Tips to Make Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Use thick asparagus and trim off the woody ends.
- Wrap the bacon tightly around the asparagus so that it’s secure and doesn’t become unravelled.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for the best results.
- Serve immediately.
Check out these other yummy bacon appetizers!
- Bacon Wrapped Pineapple with Brown Sugar (4 Ingredients!)
- Easy Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Appetizer Recipe
- Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball Recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese and Pecans
- Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots