This creamy homemade Burger Sauce recipe is sweet, spicy, and tangy, the best of all worlds! A simple mixture of mayo, Dijon, BBQ sauce, Worcestershire, and a couple of spices creates the most delicious flavor, and it couldn’t be easier to make. Use this special burger sauce on your favorite hamburgers and sandwiches, or use it to dip fries and anything else you desire.
What’s in the Best Burger Sauce?
- Mayonnaise: This is the base of any classic burger sauce because it creates that creamy consistency. Feel free to use a full-fat or low-fat version.
- Dijon Mustard: This has a distinctive, tangy flavor that blends nicely with the other ingredients.
- Barbecue Sauce: You can use any kind you like to make the sauce more tangy, sweet, spicy, or smokey. I like to use a spicy and tangy variety.
- Worcestershire Sauce: This adds a complex flavor that is savory, tangy, and a little sweet all at the same time.
- Seasoning: A bit of salt and pepper helps balance the taste, and crushed red pepper gives it a little kick.
Pro Tip: If using a barbecue sauce with a little less kick, try adding another ½ teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon white vinegar, and ½ teaspoon chili powder.
This homemade burger sauce recipe is easy to change up. Whether you want a slightly different flavor to better match your burger, or you have other ingredients on hand you want to use up, this creamy sauce benefits from variation.
Try adding pickle relish if you want more texture, and a tangy vinegar taste. Swap out the BBQ for ketchup for a sweeter sauce. Mix in some hot sauce or sriracha if you really like it spicy. Or use plain Greek yogurt instead of mayo for a lighter sauce.
How to Store
Store homemade burger sauce in an airtight container, and keep it in the refrigerator up to 2 months. Feel free to make a larger batch (double or triple the ingredients) so you have it on hand through all of grilling season!
How to Use Burger Sauce
The best burger sauce deserves to be used on more than just burgers! While it’s perfect for spreading onto a juicy grilled burger, a simple turkey burger, or smash burgers, it goes well with lots of sandwiches, sliders, appetizers, and side dishes too.
Use it as a spread or dip with shoestring fries, air fryer crab cakes, patty melts, cheeseburger sliders, a crispy chicken sandwich, breakfast burgers, cheeseburger egg rolls, air fryer tater tots, chicken tenders, air fryer sausage balls, and so much more.
More Burger Recipes
Burgers are one of our specialties. This sauce is amazing on any of these easy hamburger and cheeseburger recipes. Which one will be the first to try?