Bright, refreshing and zingy, these orange margaritas are sure to get the party started! Simple to make and so fun to drink!
Best Orange Margarita Recipe
It’s no secret that I love a margarita. The perfect blend of sour and sweet and let’s not forget that salt rim!
These orange margaritas are a wonderfully refreshing cocktail and I love how brightly colored they are. They are an excellent addition to your Cinco de Mayo celebrations, and are perfect to enjoy in the sun!
Why you’ll love this Orange Juice Margarita recipe:
- QUICK AND EASY: It takes no more than 5 minutes to make a margarita from scratch.
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: If you love a cocktail at home, you’ll probably have most of the ingredients to hand already. If not, they are widely available.
- DELICIOUS: These orange margs are so wonderfully refreshing. They are very easy to drink, so be sure to pace yourself!
How to make Orange Margaritas (Perfect for Cinco de Mayo)
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Rim a glass with lime and salt.
- Shake the rest of the ingredients together with ice.
- Pour and enjoy!
Do you need to shake this cocktail?
Yes, a margarita should definitely be shaken and not stirred. Shaking a cocktail is a more effective way to blend the ingredients together so that you have an uniformed flavor throughout the drink. It also helps to chill the drink much more effectively so it’s perfectly ice cold.
If you don’t have a cocktail shaker, you can use a mason jar with a lid to combine the ingredients. You want to shake the marg for at least 20 seconds to get it nice and cold.
Can you make them ahead of time?
These orange margaritas is best served as soon as you make it, as the ice will start to dilute the drink. If you really want to, you can measure out the ingredients ahead of time, but they are super quick and easy to make.
Triple Sec or Cointreau?
I prefer to use triple sec in this margarita, but you can use cointreau if you prefer. They are both orange liqueurs, but cointreau has a stronger orange flavor, so I prefer to use triple sec so that it’s not too overpowering.
Cointreau also contains more alcohol, so if you aren’t much of a drinker, triple sec is probably a better option.
Cheers my Dears
20 Best Margarita Recipes
See our guide for How to Make Margaritas including all our fave go-to recipes.
- Use fresh orange juice for the brightest and freshest flavors.
- Shake your drink until the outside of the shaker is icy cold.
- Don’t forget the salt rim for you glass! It works wonderfully with the zingy citrus flavors.
- Add one of these dried orange slices for garnish!
- Drink responsibly, these orange margaritas pack a punch!
Whether you are making these orange margaritas for Cinco de Mayo, or just fancy a treat, I know you are going to love it’s bright flavors! So simple to make, you are sure to impress with this one!
More Margarita Recipes we Love
- Apple Cider Margaritas
- Frozen Strawberry Margarita
- Blue Margarita Recipe (Azul Margaritas)
- Cucumber Jalapeno Margarita
- Best Pitcher Margaritas
- Frozen Margaritas
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!