Chicken Nachos are the perfect appetizer, lunch, or even dinner when you’re craving something salty, full of tasty Mexican ingredients. Tortilla chips are covered in queso, then layered with chicken, pico de Gallo, more cheese, and any of your favorite toppings. Bake these easy sheet pan nachos in the oven in a flash, and be prepared to share because these are delicious!
What’s in Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos
All you need for this easy chicken nachos recipe is a sheet pan, chicken, tortilla chips, cheese, and a few other simple ingredients. They’re really versatile, so grab your favorite toppings, bake quickly in the oven, and enjoy.
- Tortilla Chips: Assembling nachos starts with tortilla chips. Use your favorite kind–I recommend using a thicker chip that will hold up under all the toppings.
- Chicken: I used boneless, skinless chicken tenders cut into small strips. But you can use boneless chicken breast or thighs, cut into strips or cubes. You can also use rotisserie or shredded chicken for convenience!
- Queso: I always use my favorite white queso, but you can use any kind you like. Don’t add too much, or the chips will get soggy.
- Shredded Cheese: Use a Mexican blend or any type of cheese you have on hand. Pepper jack would be another good option. Freshly-shredded cheese melts best!
- Pico de Gallo: Sprinkle fresh pico de gallo on top for more flavor and texture. This mix of diced tomatoes and onion is perfect!
- Taco Seasoning: This blend seasons the chicken before adding it on top of the nachos.
- Onion: A little bit of chopped onion adds more texture and flavor.
Flavor Tip: Cook the chicken with tequila and lime juice (1 tablespoon each) to add a bright and zesty flavor!
Chicken Nacho Toppings and Variations
You can add other toppings on the chicken nachos before baking. Try black beans, fire-roasted corn, jalapeno slices, refried beans, or anything you like.
You can also finish them off with a bite more queso, lime juice, cilantro, or taco sauce.
Or try these grilled BBQ chicken nachos for another twist on this easy appetizer!
In a 350F oven, it should only take 10-15 minutes to bake nachos. You’re just warming everything up and melting the cheese, so it won’t take very long. Rotate the sheet pan halfway through to make sure they heat evenly.
I use a mix of queso and shredded cheese for these nachos. A Mexican blend shredded cheese is great, but you can use any type you like, including Colby jack, pepper jack, or cheddar. I recommend shredding your own cheese for best quality.
How to Store and Reheat
Chicken nachos are best served fresh out of the oven! Because the chips are covered with queso, chicken, and other toppings, they will get soft or soggy when refrigerated and reheated.
However, you can store leftover nachos in an airtight container or wrapped in foil, and keep in the refrigerator up to 2 days. For best results, store extra ingredients separately, and assemble and bake fresh nachos.
These sheet pan chicken nachos are the best appetizer for Cinco de Mayo, and it’s a great football food since they make enough for plenty of people. Serve them along with your favorite margaritas or cocktails.
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.