This classic Irish-American corned beef hash is so perfect for St. Patrick’s Day! Enjoy it as a tasty and hearty breakfast, or as a side dish to accompany a main meal. Corned beef is mixed with roasted potato cubes for a delicious family dish this Paddy’s Day.
Homemade Corned Beef Hash
Easy to make, potatoes are roasted, and then mixed with corned beef and onions in a skillet for a tasty hot meal. You are going to love this!
Why You’ll Love this Easy Beef Hash Recipe:
- GLUTEN-FREE: This recipe is gluten-free, so it’s perfect for those with intolerances to wheat.
- MAKE AHEAD: If your mornings are busy, you can easily make this ahead of time and just heat it up to serve. The leftovers taste great too!
- FILLING: This is a wonderfully hearty recipe and so comforting! It’s the perfect way to start the day, especially if you plan on drinking some green beer later on!
Rich and flavorful, this recipe comes together easily with just a few simple ingredients. Remember, it’s not just for St. Patrick’s Day!
How to Make Corned Beef Hash
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Mix the potatoes with the oil and seasonings.
- Bake in the oven til golden brown.
- Soften the onion in a skillet and add in the corned beef to warm through.
- Add the cooked potatoes to the skillet.
- Mix well, cook and serve!
Corned beef is made with brisket which comes form the breast or lower chest of a cow.
Corned beef hash is an American-Irish recipe that originated in the 1800s. While enjoyed year round, this side dish is typically served with eggs and made most often on St. Patrick’s Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
I love using fresh corned beef, but canned corned beef works in a pinch.
Definitely. Diced peppers are a delicious addition to corned beef hash! Add with the onions in step 5.
Store leftover corned beef hash in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
This easy corned beef hash is one delicious way to start Paddy’s day the right way! I’m sure this will become your family’s tradition too!
- Cut the potatoes into fairly small cubes so that they cook quickly. Larger cubes will take longer to cook through.
- Feel free to mix up the seasonings on the potatoes. Other dried herbs will work well, or try adding some paprika.
- If making ahead of time, let cool fully before storing in the fridge in an airtight container.
This is one hearty dish! Super easy to make, it’s the most perfect comfort food!
What kind of skillet should I use?
I love using a cast iron skillet for this recipe. It keeps everything nice and crispy!
Can I use leftover corned beef in this recipe?
Absolutely! Add pre-cooked corned beef to the recipe in step 6. Cook until it’s warmed through.
What kind of potatoes are best for corned beef hash?
I love to use a combination of cubed red and white potatoes.
More St. Patrick’s Day Recipes We Love
This corned beef has recipe is the perfect breakfast on Paddy’s Day. Super delicious and full of flavor and texture, this is a must make!
More Savory Breakfast Recipes to Try:
- Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- English Muffin Breakfast Pizza
- Cheesy Baked Breakfast Sliders
- Eggs Benedict
- Biscuit Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast Tacos
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!