These St. Patrick’s Day foods and drinks are the best way to celebrate the holiday! Make a traditional Irish dinner, whip up delicious drinks and cocktails, or serve tasty appetizers at your St. Paddy’s Day party. Hearty, savory, boozy, these recipes are sure to charm!
Food and Drink Recipes for St. Patrick’s Day
There’s no better way to celebrate a holiday than with food! And these St. Patrick’s Day recipes are all perfect for the occasion.
Cook up a hearty, savory, traditional Irish meal full of potatoes, corned beef, and veggies. Serve festive green drinks and cocktails at your party. Or whip up some delicious appetizers and snacks to go with all those beers.
Whatever you choose, these St. Patrick’s Day food and drink ideas are sure to please a crowd! For something sweeter, try these St. Patrick’s Day desserts.
Email This Recipe
Enter your email and we’ll send the recipe directly to you!
Traditional St. Patrick’s Day Foods
Corned beef, fluffy potatoes, rich stews, and hearty vegetables all make for a traditional Irish dinner that’s perfect for St. Patrick’s Day.
- Corned Beef and Cabbage: Using a slow cooker makes this traditional dish so easy! Flavorful beef, cabbage, potatoes, and carrots come together for a filling meal.
- Guinness Beef Stew: This flavorful Irish stew is loaded with meat, potatoes, and veggies, and infused with Guinness.
- Cottage Pie: The difference between this and shepherd’s pie is that this recipe uses beef instead of lamb. But it’s still filled with peas, carrots, and topped with a layer of fluffy potatoes!
- Reuben Sandwich: This classic sandwich houses corned beef, Swiss cheese, thousand island dressing, and sauerkraut between thick slices of rye bread.
- Colcannon Potatoes: Creamy, fluffy mashed potatoes are mixed with bacon, kale, and onions for an easy side dish.
- Corned Beef Hash: Start the day with savory corned beef mixed with potatoes. It’s simple but so tasty!
- Potato Soup: This cheesy potato soup is loaded up with vegetables, and so easy to make. It’s filling and flavorful!
- Irish Bread Pudding: When it’s time for something sweet, this warm and comforting bread pudding will satisfy. The whiskey caramel sauce finishes it off perfectly!
Drinks and Cocktails for St. Paddy’s Day
Whether you need a boozy cocktail or a fun and family-friendly drink to celebrate, these drink recipes will work like a charm.
- Lime Sherbet Punch: This fruity, bright green concoction is the best St. Patrick’s Day punch! You can easily make a cocktail or non-alcoholic version, depending on your party guests.
- Leprechaun Milk: Surprise the kids first thing in the morning with this bright green, vanilla and mint flavored milk. It’s so simple to make, but it will put a smile on everyone’s face!
- Beer Margaritas: This 3-ingredient cocktail makes a great drink for St. Paddy’s Day. You get to dress up those beers a little bit with lime and tequila for a sippable party drink.
- Irish Cream Milkshake: Use that delicious Irish Cream to make this coffee-flavored boozy milkshake!
St. Patrick’s Day Dinner Ideas
These cozy, comforting, and filling dinner recipes are great for this holiday. More savory meats, potatoes, and cabbage, and plenty of soups, stews, and casseroles!
- Reuben Casserole: This delicious casserole is filled with corned beef, chunks of rye bread, salty and sour sauerkraut, and Swiss cheese. It’s the most delicious dinner for St. Patrick’s Day.
- Shepherd’s Pie Soup: Shepherd’s Pie is a classic Irish recipe, and this soup-ed up version is just as tasty.
- Crockpot Potato Casserole: This creamy potato casserole is made with frozen hashbrowns for ease, then loaded with cheese, bacon, and sour cream.
- Cabbage Roll Soup (Crockpot): Ground Beef, rice, bacon, cabbage, and lots of other good stuff cook together in a Crock pot for a delicious and comforting soup.
- Beef Pot Pie: Tender cubes of beef, hearty veggies, and a red wine sauce is cooked together in a flaky pie crust.
- Fried Cabbage and Bacon: You only need a few ingredients to make this super easy side dish! It pairs well with corned beef, pork, or whatever you’re serving for dinner.
Party Appetizers and Snacks
These filling, carb-y appetizers and snacks are the perfect thing to serve alongside beers and cocktails for any St. Patrick’s Day party or gathering.
- Reuben Egg Rolls: Everything you love about a reuben (corned beef, sauerkraut, and Swiss cheese) is stuffed inside of egg roll wrappers and deep fried into a crispy snack.
- Fried Hush Puppies: Deep-fried bites of bread-y goodness are so delicious and great for dipping or slathering in butter. These balance out those beers pretty well.
- Sweet Potato Chorizo Sausage Balls: Spicy chorizo wrapped in a biscuit-y sweet potato mix adds some heat for an easy party appetizer.
- Beer Bread: This is our take on traditional soda bread, with beer as a leavening agent. You can use a stout or any beer you like, or substitute with soda.
- Beer and Pretzel Wings: You’re going to want some chicken wings to go with all those beers. And these are marinated in Guinness, so you know they’re delicious!
Celebrate the holiday with any of these St. Patrick’s Day foods, drinks, and recipes. They’re easy, flavorful, and plenty filling for this late-winter holiday!