Elegant and delicious, these creamy garlic scallops are about to become your favorite thing! Ready to serve in 20 minutes, they are bursting with fresh flavors.
Scallops in Cream
What if I told you, you can have a restaurant quality meal on the table in 20 minutes? These simple instructions and quality ingredients make it fool-proof.
These creamy garlic scallops are all kinds of delicious, but they are so quick and easy to make, you’ll be enjoying this seafood recipe on the regular.
If you like these, be sure to check out my Bacon Wrapped Scallops or this Air Fryer Garlic Shrimp!
Why you’ll love this Creamy Garlic Scallops recipe:
- QUICK: Ready in 20 minutes, this dish is perfect to serve for an easy weeknight dinner when you are short on time.
- VERSATILE: These creamy scallops are great to serve for dinner, but they make for a great appetizer to serve to guests too.
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: All of the ingredients for this dish are pretty standard, a lot of which you’ll already have to hand.
How to make Creamy Garlic Scallops
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Sear the scallops on both sides and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the pan and add the garlic.
- Add in the wine, lemon juice and tomatoes.
- Pour in the cream and add the cheese.
- Add the scallops back to the pan to warm through and serve.
Can you make them ahead of time?
These creamy garlic scallops are best served as soon as they are made so that they are at their freshest. Leftovers can be stored for a couple of days in the fridge in an airtight container.
Reheat the scallops in a skillet on the stovetop until warmed through to serve.
Can you use frozen scallops
You can use fresh or frozen scallops for this recipe. If you use frozen, be sure to thaw them fully before cooking them and dab them with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
What do you serve them with?
You can serve these garlic scallops as is for an appetizer or on a plate of greens. They are delicious when served over pasta or rice. Honestly, I can eat them straight out of the pan!
- If attached, remove the side muscle from the scallops before cooking.
- Take care not to overcook the scallops, they only need a few minutes on each side. If you overcook them, they can become chewy in texture.
- If you don’t want to use wine in this dish, you can substitute it for some vegetable or chicken stock.
You are sure to impress your family with these delicious creamy garlic scallops! So yummy and so quick and easy! I can’t wait to hear what you all think!
More Seafood Recipes we Love
- Seafood Lasagna
- Air Fryer Crab Cakes
- Cod Fish Tacos
- Honey Sesame Shrimp
- Creamy Parmesan Shrimp
- Blackened Salmon
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.
Looks yummy. Going to try this for dinner tonight. But what kind and how much oil to sear the scallops?
Whatever you use for cooking oil! Enough to coat the pan well!
This is a 5 star recipe! Delicious and easy to make. Prep time took about 25 mins because I had to improvise with some equipment, but once all thr ingredients were measured out, it took no time at all. I plan on making this a regular meal in my rotation.
Thanks for sharing with us, Christi!
Could I use some coarsely chopped Roma tomatoes in place of the cherry tomatoes? Many thanks!
It might alter the flavor or consistency a little but I am sure it will be just as tasty!
Quick and easy and very flavorful. Served it over white rice and lots of sauce for dipping crusty bread.
Thanks for stopping by, Marilyn!