This dreamy Creamy Parmesan Shrimp is so simple and so delicious! Juicy, sautéed shrimp in a cream and cheese sauce, the flavors are out of this world. A gorgeous weeknight meal, all whipped up in one skillet!
Creamy Garlic Shrimp with Parmesan
It’s great when simple ingredients come together to create such a luscious dish! Pan seared shrimp, tossed in garlic and covered in a creamy cheese sauce. Parmesan, chili flakes and lemon work so well with the shrimp in this easy seafood recipe. Serve over pasta or rice for a super satisfying meal!
Why You’ll Love this Parmesan Shrimp Recipe:
- AN EASY WEEKNIGHT DINNER: All whipped up in one pan using simple ingredients, this comes together so easily.
- A DELICIOUS CHEESE SAUCE: Heavy cream brings the rich silkiness to this delightful parmesan sauce, a spritz of lemon cuts through those flavors for a hit of freshness – so good!
- VERSATILE: Serve this up over pasta, rice, with veggies – it’ll please everyone, plus it’s gluten free!
Plump and juicy shrimp, sautéed in garlic and smothered in a flavor packed sauce, made with parmesan and white wine – what’s not to love!
How to Make Creamy Parmesan Shrimp
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- In a skillet or large pan, sauté the shrimp with butter.
- Set the shrimp aside then add your cream sauce ingredients to the skillet.
- Return the shrimp to the skillet and simmer until warmed through.
- Serve and enjoy!
Yes, this recipe is naturally gluten free. Be sure to serve it with rice, gluten free pasta, or gluten free bread.
This is completely up to personal preference. Feel free to leave them on or remove them.
Use a dry white wine like Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, and Riesling. I love cooking with these wines because they aren’t as sweet and acidic. Instead of wine, consider using a shelf-stable bottle of white cooking wine, often found in the vinegar aisle, or substitute with an equal amount of chicken broth.
Deglazing a pan means adding liquid (like wine, broth, or water) to a hot pan which helps release any stuck on brown bits. This contributes a lot of extra flavor to the dish!
You can serve this with pasta, rice, mashed potatoes and all kinds of veggies. Here’s some favorites:
- Loaded Scalloped Potatoes
- Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
Buttery, creamy and utterly delicious, this Parmesan Garlic Shrimp recipe ticks all the boxes!
Tips for Parmesan Shrimp
- To save prep time, reach for “deveined” shrimp.
- Shrimp cook very quickly. As soon as they turn a pinkish color, they are finished cooking.
- Transfer the shrimp to a bowl immediately after cooking. If you leave them in the pan, the residual heat will overcook the shrimp.
- An equal amount of half-and-half is a great substitute for heavy cream.
- Instead of Parmesan, Pecorino Romano or Grana Padano are both delicious alternatives.
- For a completely dairy free option, use nondairy butter or oil, coconut cream in place of the heavy cream, and nutritional yeast in place of the Parmesan.
Store leftover creamy parmesan shrimp in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
More Cheesy One Pan Recipes We Love
- Sweet and Sour Pork
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe with Biscuit Topping
- Tuscan Chicken
- Large Batch Skillet White Cheddar Mac and Cheese
Protein packed shrimp, served with a dreamy cheese sauce, you can serve this in so many ways! Rice, veggies, pasta, potatoes are all your friends with this delicious dish. One of the easiest skillet recipes and perfect for busy weeknights
More Skillet Seafood Recipes to Try:
- Skillet Chipotle Shrimp
- Salmon Piccata
- Pan Fried Tilapia
- Shrimp Fajitas
- Honey Garlic Salmon and Asparagus
- Garlic Butter Shrimp Recipe
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!