Made from scratch, these garlic pull apart rolls are a perfect bread side dish or appetizer to accompany all of your favorite meals. Easy to prep, serve them warm out of the oven for one delicious bite.
Garlic Butter Rolls Recipe
You can not go wrong with garlic bread, and these pull apart rolls hit all the right spots.
Fun and easy to make, they work wonderfully as an appetizer or side dish, or just enjoy them spread with a little butter for a tasty snack.
Made from scratch, they are perfectly light and fluffy.
Why you’ll love this Easy Garlic Pull Apart Rolls recipe:
- PERFECT FOR HOLIDAYS: These make a great addition to any celebration meal. Perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter and anything in between!
- MAKE AHEAD: These are a great make ahead recipe and can easily be warmed through in the oven to serve.
- SO DELICIOUS: Made with a garlic and herb butter, every bite is rich and fluffy and full of flavor.
How to make Garlic Butter Pull Apart Rolls
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Mix together the milk, sugar and yeast and allow the yeast to activate.
- Add the butter, salt and flour.
- Knead the dough and place in an oiled bowl.
- Allow the dough to rise.
- Make the garlic butter.
- Form balls form the dough and place in a prepared loaf pan and drizzle with garlic butter.
- Let rise again.
- Bake til golden brown.
Why are my rolls dense?
These rolls should come out light and fluffy. The main way to guarantee this is to knead the dough for at least 5 minutes.
This allows the gluten to develop to make a more elastic dough, which will then make a lighter and airier structure. The dough should be smooth on the outside and no longer sticky.
Can you use a stand mixer?
I prefer to knead the dough by hand, but you can use a stand mixer with a hook attachment. Mix on a low speed for about 5 to 6 minutes til it is smooth and elastic.
What do you serve them with?
These garlic pull apart rolls are great to serve with all kinds of meals, Perfect with stews and soups, pastas or as a side to your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner try them with:
- This pull apart bread can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.
- Don’t skip the rising time. Patience is a virtue and it will help to get your rolls nice and airy.
- The garlic pull apart rolls can be reheated in the oven at 160F for 5 minutes to warm through.
These garlic pull apart bread rolls will for sure be the star of the show! Simple to make and loaded with garlicky goodness!
More Bread Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!