You’ll never guess that these CHOCOLATE SPRITZ COOKIES are GLUTEN FREE! Utterly delicious, like little heavenly brownie bites. The ultimate EASY Christmas cookie recipe!
After making these amazing Chocolate Spritz Cookies I have to say…I feel like a real holiday master. I’ve always loved Spritz Cookies and they’re such a Christmas staple. Every holiday party has a version. I’m SO thrilled with how these came out and cannot believe they were so so simple to make (fool proof!), so chocolatey that you’ll swear they’re bites of brownie, and WOOHOO they’re gluten free! Is this the perfect Christmas cookie?!
Part of what makes these Chocolate Spritz Cookies oh so easy and perfect is Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour. You heard that right, ONE TO ONE. No more adding in special ingredients to make gluten free flours work with your favorite recipes. You can literally add this flour into any of your best bets just as you would all purpose flour and bake away. Bob’s is amazing and making things way too simple for people like me.
Thank you Bob’s Red Mill! I’m so honored to work with such an amazing company. If you haven’t checked them out…now is the perfect time.
To make these cookies in the fun shapes, I used a cookie press. You can find them so many places and they’re very inexpensive. It’s a must when make spritz cookies. I can’t wait to get more shapes and sets. So fun and festive! HERE is the press that I used, but any small cookie press will work. I used the wreath, snowflake, and christmas tree shapes for this batch. Aren’t they so cute! I love the size…makes me feel like I can eat 20 at a time. Is that so wrong?
If you’re looking for the ultimate holiday cookie, you’ve found it. These Gluten Free Chocolate Spritz Cookies are an instant hit.
You'll never guess that these CHOCOLATE SPRITZ COOKIES are GLUTEN FREE! Utterly delicious, like little heavenly brownie bites. The ultimate EASY Christmas cookie recipe!
5 minPrep Time
7 minCook Time
12 minTotal Time
Yields 50-60 cookies
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temperative
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free Flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- White pearl sprinkles for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In an electric stand mixer, cream butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Slowly incorporate into the butter mixture using the mixer until fully combined and smooth.
- Load dough into your Cookie Press. Operate cookie press according to package instructions, pressing cookies onto a large ungreased cookie sheet. (The cookies won't come out of the press cleanly if your sheet is greased.) Sprinkle with sprinkles of your choice if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until set. Carefully place on wire rack to cool.