Easy Mint Chip Ice Cream Pie is the perfect Summer sweet treat! Made with only three ingredients! This is such a simple way to make an ice cream cake for your family. Sure to please!
There is nothing better on a hot day than a slice of ice cream goodness. Only downside??? I’m lazy. I don’t want to leave the house, find a Dairy Queen, and buy one. I decided that I’ll just have to start making celebratory ice cream desserts at home. First up is this 3 Ingredient EASY Mint Chip Ice Cream Pie. Holy Yum. I found this recipe on Pinterest and it took me to the cutest blog. You can find the original recipe HERE.
Why this Ice Cream Pie is so good
- Make your own Dairy Queen style ice cream pie at home.
- Easy to make, only 3 ingredients.
- A delicious Oreo or graham cracker crust.
- Can be made in any flavor!
- Mint Chip Ice Cream – or your favorite ice cream.
- Cool Whip – you can use lite Cool Whip, works great.
- Pie crust – I used Chocolate for the mint pie and graham for the toffee pie. Both were delicious!
- Topping – hot fudge or caramel are great.
How to make this Ice Cream Pie
Mix Cool Whip and the ice cream and pour into the pre-made pie crust. Top with chocolate or caramel sauce, the place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
An easy dessert
I’ve made some easy stuff on this blog, but this might actually be the easiest recipe I’ve ever made. 3 ingredients: the ice cream of your choice, lite cool whip, and pie crust. Talk about the perfect sweet treat for the ultra lazy days. My kinda deal. Sometimes you just need an easy, no fuss dessert you can whip up in a hurry. This is your ticket.
Add your favorite toppings
Depending on the flavors you use for your ice cream pie, there are so many of options for what to top the pie with. Below are some delicious topping ideas:
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate fudge sauce
- Caramel sauce
- Miniature chocolate chips or shaved chocolate (I shave a large chocolate bar with a vegetable peeler)
- Crushed nuts
- Maraschino cherries
- Crushed oreos
So many variations!
For real. This is the best. I can’t believe I went my life up until now not knowing how to make this! I also tried it with toffee ice cream and salted caramel sauce. In a mini-pie crust. Mini Yum. This recipe would be great in SO many flavors, like peanut butter, strawberry or coffee. Choose your favorite ice cream and go for it!
I hope you can find a reason to celebrate with this Easy Ice Cream Pie sometime soon. Let me know what flavors you try! Enjoy :)
- Press the ice cream filling down with the plastic top that came with the store bought graham cracker crust.
- Use your two favorite sorbets or sherbets in a graham cracker crust.
- Swap out the graham cracker crust for an oreo crust.
- To get clean slices, run your knife under hot water for a few seconds, wipe to dry, make 1 slice, and repeat.
Check out these other delicious pies
- Best Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
- Classic Pecan Pie Recipe
- The Best Homemade Cherry Pie Recipe
- Sour Cream Lemon Pie Recipe with Saltine Cracker Crust
Have you tried this Ice Cream Pie? Feel free to leave a star rating and I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!