Juicy hamburgers are so quick and easy to make in the Instant Pot! Perfectly seasoned, these cheeseburgers are a breeze to cook in the pressure cooker and they are a great option when you need to get a tasty meal on the table and quickly!
The Best Instant Pot Hamburger Recipe
We are huge burger lovers here, always tasty and always a crowd pleaser! I was sceptical at first about using my Instant Pot to make them, but I couldn’t have been more wrong!
These hamburgers come out so juicy, flavorful and perfectly cooked, and I love that it’s a hands off method!
Perfect to serve for an easy family dinner, and awesome to serve to friends and family for game day!
Be sure to try my Juicy Lucy Turkey Burgers and Air Fryer BBQ Burgers too!
Why you’ll love this easy Instant Pot Cheeseburger recipe:
- QUICK: Ready to serve in 30 minutes, these homemade burgers and quick to prep and cook.
- KID FRIENDLY: If your kid is a burger fiend, they’ll love these! They can even help you out in the kitchen mixing together the burger ingredients and adding their own toppings.
- SO DELICIOUS: I seriously can not get over how good these burgers came out! The Instant Pot helps to lock in all of the fat and juices so they come out so flavorful. This recipe is a keeper!
These hamburgers are so quick and easy to make in the Instant Pot and they come out SO good! You are going to love this effortless way of cooking the perfect homemade burger!
How to make hamburgers in an Instant Pot
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Mix together the ingredients for the burgers.
- Shape into four patties.
- Wrap each patty tightly in foil.
- Add water to the Instant Pot and place the burgers on a trivet.
- Cook on high pressure and quick release.
- Top with cheese slices if using and place into buns with your favorite toppings.
These burgers are best served as soon as they are cooked, but you can make up the burger mix up to a day ahead of time and keep it covered in the fridge. Cooked hamburgers will keep well in the fridge for 4 days and can be reheated in the oven.
Any other ground meats like bison, chicken or turkey can be used in this recipe. It’s best not to use extra lean meats. If using chicken or turkey, use and instant read thermometer to check that your burgers are cooked through.
Absolutley! You can double or even triple this burger recipe! It’s totally fine to stack the burgers in the Instant Pot, so they are a great option if you are feeding a crowd!
Standard burger buns work great, but I love to use brioche buns for a bit of extra flavor and touch of sweetness. For a low carb dinner, they work great in lettuce wraps.
These Instant Pot hamburgers are great served with potato, veggie and salad side dishes. try them with:
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Shoestring Fries
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Cheesy Broccoli Salad
- Creamy Coleslaw
- Crispy Homemade Fries
Whether you are serving them for an easy weeknight meal after a busy day, or serving them up to a crowd, there’s no bad time for these juicy burgers!
More Burger Recipes
- Cowboy Burgers
- Smash Burgers
- Stovetop Burgers
- Wisconsin Butter Burgers
- Onion Swiss Burgers
- Cheeseburger Sliders
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
- Instant Pot Pot Roast
- Instant Pot Honey Baked Ham
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- Instant Pot Twice Baked Potatoes
- Instant Pot Queso
- Instant Pot Turkey Chili
- Don’t overwork the burger mixture. The ingredients should be just combined. Overworking can lead to tough and chewy burgers.
- Be sure to wrap the burgers well in the foil. This will keep the steam in so that they cook through.
- Thicker burgers may need a couple of extra minutes to cook through, and thinner burgers will require slightly less cooking time.
This is such a quick and convenient way of cooking the most delicious homemade burgers!
All the Burgers
Guide to Cooking Burgers at Home
See all of our favorite burger recipes plus tips and tricks for cooking the ultimate burger at home.
These Instant Pot hamburgers are a real game changer! They come out so juicy and tender and they require very little hands on time. Burgers just got even easier and even more delicious!
More 30 Minute Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.
So juicy and delicious! Forgot to take a picture but they were perfect!
Thanks for stopping by and sharing, Tracy!
Super easy to make! My very picky husband said they where good. He ate three, glad there was one left for me. Lol
What a close call!