Make the most juicy BBQ burgers effortlessly in your air fryer! Homemade beef burgers are made with your favorite BBQ sauce and topped with cheese for one tasty bite!
Air Fryer BBQ Cheeseburgers Recipe
Air frying burgers has been a total game changer for me! The results are so juicy and flavorful and they are so effortless to cook!
Why you’ll love this Air Fried BBQ Burgers recipe:
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: You only need 5 ingredients to make these BBQ beef burger patties, so you have no excuses!
- QUICK AND EASY: These burgers are ready to serve in 20 minutes and are super easy to prep.
- KID FRIENDLY: Kids of all ages will love these burgers! They are sweet and tangy with lots of melted cheese!
Don’t have an Air Fryer? Try this grilled BBQ burger recipe instead!
How to make Burgers in an Air Fryer
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Combine the beef with the BBQ sauce and seasonings and form into patties.
- Cook in the air fryer.
- Top the patties with BBQ sauce and cheese.
- Place back in the air fryer and cook til the cheese has melted.
- Serve in buns with your favorite toppings.
Can you make them ahead of time?
These air fryer BBQ burgers are a great option if you are planning to feed a crowd, as you can easily prep them ahead of time. Form the ground beef into patties and then keep them covered in the fridge for up to 2 days before cooking.
The cooked burgers will keep well in the fridge for up to 3 days and can be reheated in the air fryer at 375F for 3 minutes or til warmed through.
Can you freeze them?
These BBQ burger patties are super delicious, so feel free to make a double batch and freeze them for another day. Place the uncooked patties between pieces of parchment or wax paper and place in a bag or container to freeze. They will keep well for up to 3 months.
You can cook the patties right from frozen at 380F for 18 to 20 minutes, flipping halfway, before adding the cheese slices.
What do you serve them with?
I love to serve these air fryer burgers in a seeded bun with toppings like lettuce, tomato, red onion and pickles, of course, you can add all of your favorite toppings! They are great to serve with your favorite sides like:
All the Burgers
Guide to Cooking Burgers at Home
See all of our favorite burger recipes PLUS tips and tricks for cooking the ultimate burger at home.
- Spray the air fryer basket with a little oil before adding the burgers, and make sure that your air fryer has been pre-heated.
- Don’t overwork the ground beef. The ingredients should be combined, but over mixing can lead to tough and chewy burgers.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. If you have a smaller air fryer, cook the burgers in two batches.
More Air Fryer Recipes to try
These juicy air fryer BBQ burgers are one tasty bite! Full of flavor and so easy to make, I can’t wait for you to try these!
More Beef Recipes we Love
More Easy Burger Recipes
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!