Italian Salsa comes together in no time, using only 5 ingredients! You’ll love the flavors in this easy salsa recipe. Perfect as a dip or bruschetta topper.
This Italian Salsa recipe came to me quite by accident one day. While trying to make a simple salsa I discovered I didn’t have any cilantro or lime juice, two much needed ingredients for fresh salsa. So I substituted balsamic vinegar for the lime juice and basil and garlic for the cilantro. The result? A fresh, healthy tomato dip that is so delicious, I’ve been making it ever since!
What is Italian Salsa?
Call it salsa, call it bruschetta, whatever the name, this chunky, vibrant dip is perfect for chips, pita bread, crackers, you name it! This Italian salsa begins and ends with fresh, juicy tomatoes. I love making this salsa with tomatoes out of the garden, but you can find delicious options at the grocery store too. It’s a good excuse to scope out farmers markets in your area!
As you know, dips are my very favorite food group! This one shot to the top of the list as soon as I tasted it.
What Ingredients Do I Need to Make Italian Salsa?
Aside from the tomatoes which are the star of the show, this salsa is bursting with all the quintessential Italian flavors:
- fresh basil
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
More Delicious Dips
Try a few of these other dips, and keep the chips coming!
- Cheesy Tomato Mozzarella Caprese Dip
- Garlic Herb Tomato Goat Cheese Dip
- Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu Dip
- Homemade Pico de Gallo Recipe
- Mexican Street Corn Dip
- Blender Salsa Recipe
- Sangria Chicken with Mango Salsa
- Keto Instant Pot Salsa
Check out the recipe card below for full details on how to make Italian Salsa. Enjoy!
How to Make Italian Salsa
This salsa recipe comes together in just minutes! It’s so easy, fragrant, fresh and absolutely delicious! Here’s what to do:
- Chop up a bunch of ripe tomatoes into bite size pieces.
- Then dice some fresh basil leaves. If you don’t have fresh on hand, feel free to use dried basil.
- Toss that together with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic powder (you can chop up some fresh garlic if you’d like) and some salt and pepper.
- Serve in a bowl with a pile of pita chips, tortilla chips or crackers. Delish!
Fresh salsa and plenty of chips? That makes for a good day in my book! Hope you love this recipe. Enjoy!