This post is sponsored by Ibotta. All opinions are my own.
This delicious bourbon smash is perfect for the festive period! Easy and quick to make, it’s a warming drink filled with flavors of cranberry and orange.
- Thanksgiving Cocktail Recipe
- Why you will love this orange cranberry bourbon smash!
- Free Thanksgiving Dinner
- Bourbon Smash made with Cranberry Sauce
- How to make an orange cranberry bourbon smash
- Do you need a cocktail shaker to make this drink?
- Our Fave Cocktail Shaker!
- Why muddle not shake?
- Make it for a crowd
- More Easy Holiday Cocktails
- Apple Cider Margaritas
- Fall Sangria (Honey Bourbon Sangria Recipe)
- Holiday Punch Recipe (Easy Christmas Punch)
- Apple Cider Mimosas (Easy Apple Cider Cocktail)
- Caramel Apple Sangria (Apple Pie Sangria)
- Caramel Apple Hot Toddy Cocktail
- Spiced Pear Cider with Ginger
- Pumpkin Pie Punch (Thanksgiving or Halloween Punch Idea)
- Orange Cranberry Bourbon Smash
- Email This Recipe
- Becky’s tips
- Nutrition Information
Thanksgiving Cocktail Recipe
We think this fun bourbon smash is just perfect for Thanksgiving. Bright flavors and colors and tastes like autumn charm.
Flavors of ginger, rosemary, cranberry and orange make this bourbon drink a winner! This makes for a great signature cocktail to serve up. Topped with ginger ale, it’s tangy and earthy with just the right amount of tang.
Why you will love this orange cranberry bourbon smash!
- Easy: This is a really simple cocktail to make, simply muddle the ingredients together and pour!
- Quick: This is a great cocktail to serve up if you are entertaining a few people. It’s super quick to make up several of these drinks in one go.
- Easy drinker: This is a great cocktail for those that are lighter drinkers, with one shot of alcohol they are great sippers.
Email This Recipe
Enter your email and we’ll send the recipe directly to you!
Free Thanksgiving Dinner
2020 has hit people hard. It’s a year like no other and this holiday season will be challenging for many families. I’m SO honored to be spreading the word about an amazing program to help families across the country get an amazing Thanksgiving Dinner for FREE!
Ibotta (an amazing company that gives you cash back on things you’re already buying) is teaming up with Walmart and Feeding America to give away FREE DINNERS to Americans this Thanksgiving. Isn’t that amazing?
Consumers that use the Ibotta app or web extension can receive 100% cash back on products they need for a Thanksgiving meal for a family of 5. This great bundle (pictured above), available exclusively at Walmart, has everything you need!
Not only that, but as part of the campaign, Ibotta is also making a donation to Feeding America. It’s truly a win-win and I’m so excited to be helping to spread the word.
All offers are available starting in November, while supplies last. Check your app for details.
Bourbon Smash made with Cranberry Sauce
I got creative with my Thanksgiving bundle courtesy of Ibotta and Walmart and created this Orange Cranberry Bourbon Smash using Great Value Cranberry Sauce. It truly gives this cocktail a bright and true cranberry flavor that is second to none.
It’s little things like this that take a cocktail from good to great and adds that special touch to your Thanksgiving table. In 2020, it’s the little things that matter!
How to make an orange cranberry bourbon smash
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Add all of the ingredients, other than the ginger ale, to a cocktail shaker.
- Muddle to combine.
- Strain into a glass filled with ice.
- Top up with ginger ale and serve.
Do you need a cocktail shaker to make this drink?
Don’t fret, if you don’t have a cocktail shaker, you can still make this recipe. The drink isn’t shaken, it’s muddled, so you can make this without one. A large mason jar or even a glass jug can be used in place of the shaker.
Our Fave Cocktail Shaker!
These fun and sturdy cocktail shakers can’t be beat. You don’t have to have one to make this recipe, but I do love having one in my arsenal.
Why muddle not shake?
Muddling releases the flavors of the fresh rosemary into the liquids and it’s a much more effective technique than shaking it. If you have a muddler, then this is the most effective tool, but you can also use the back of a tablespoon to press the rosemary against the sides of the glass.
Make it for a crowd
The recipe below is for one drink, but you can easily double and triple the recipe and make several drinks at the same time. Just make sure that your cocktail shaker is large enough.
- Use freshly squeezed orange juice for the best flavor.
- This cocktail is best enjoyed straight away so that the ice doesn’t dilute the drink.
- Make this smash alcohol free by omitting the bourbon and using extra ginger ale.
- Finish it off with a fresh or dried orange slice for garnish.
More Easy Holiday Cocktails
We love this bourbon smash for the holidays, but there’s always room on our table for a variety of fun cocktails. Check out some of our other favorites!
Don’t forget to download the Ibotta app or install the new browser extension to get your cash back on your Thanksgiving bundle from Walmart! Free Thanksgiving Dinner…who can resist?? All offers are available starting in November, while supplies last. Check your app for details.
We hope you love this Bourbon Smash as much as we do. It’s simply the perfect Thanksgiving cocktail recipe! Show us how you enjoyed in by adding a pic in the comments or leaving a rating.