HONEY BOURBON SALMON is ultra delicious and ultra easy! This pecan crusted salmon is the perfect family meal with all of the flavor and none of the fuss. The salmon marinates in the honey bourbon glaze in the oven, and the pecan crust gives it the perfect crunch!
Honey Bourbon Salmon Recipe
Honey Bourbon Salmon with a crunchy pecan crust…this salmon recipe is the perfect mix of flavors!
Everyone loves a great salmon recipe, especially here on The Cookie Rookie. And this Honey Bourbon Pecan Crusted Salmon is the latest addition! We have done so many salmon recipes over the years, and they’re always some of my most popular posts. Salmon with Avocado Salsa (pinned 2 MILLION TIMES), Caesar Salmon Foil Packets, Caprese Stuffed Salmon, the list goes on and on.
Salmon is awesome because its easy to work with, cooked through in minutes, and good for you! It’s a staple at our house and was one of the first things I mastered when learning to cook…so you KNOW it must be something anyone can make delicious.
This Pecan Crusted Honey Bourbon Salmon is as yummy as it is beautiful; sure to please if entertaining or great for a simple dinner at home with your family.
Try this Pecan Crusted Salmon with a Honey Bourbon Glaze for an easy, healthy dinner!
Pecan Crusted Salmon
I absolutely love the texture of this crunchy pecan crusted salmon recipe! The mix of the sweet honey bourbon glaze and the crunchy pecans on top make this one of the most amazing salmon recipes I’ve ever had. It all bakes together so perfectly in the oven. Just sprinkle chopped pecans over the glazed salmon and you’ve got a delicious crust.
This tender honey bourbon salmon is marinated in deliciousness so it’s so full of flavor by time you’re ready to eat. It would be amazing served over rice, on a salad, or even on it’s own. I love the crunch that the pecan crust adds to the equation. This is sure to be a winner even among people that aren’t 100% sold on eating seafood.
Cooking with Salmon
You shouldn’t be scared to attempt salmon, you should embrace it! It’s one of my favorite ways to eat fish and the possibilities for toppings are endless. Be sure you get a great cut of salmon from your grocer. I always ask them what kind of fresh salmon they have in and usually they can tell you which types will taste stronger than others based on where they were caught. We prefer a mild salmon at our house, but some love a bolder flavor. It’s fun to try the different regions!
How do you make Bourbon Glaze?
The salmon marinates in a honey bourbon glaze while in the oven. This gives it so much flavor! And the glaze is easy to make. Just mix butter, soy sauce, honey, bourbon, brown sugar, garlic, and lemon juice in a sauce pan, bring it to a boil, and then let it simmer until it thickens.
Brush the glaze onto the salmon before baking to make tasty honey bourbon salmon!
How long do I cook marinated salmon in the oven?
You should cook the honey bourbon salmon in the oven for a total of 15-20 minutes. The internal temperature of the salmon should be about 125-130°F.
Do you cook salmon covered or uncovered?
Cook this pecan crusted salmon in the oven uncovered.
I hope you give this Pecan Crusted Honey Bourbon Salmon a try. I just know you’ll love it as much as we do.
See the recipe card for detail on how to make Honey Bourbon Pecan Crusted Salmon. Enjoy!
If you like this honey bourbon salmon recipe, try these other fish recipes:
- Cod Fish Tacos
- Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
- Baked Salmon with Basil Walnut Pesto
- Hoisin Salmon and Asparagus
- Honey Mustard Crusted Salmon
Pecan Crusted Honey Bourbon Salmon
PECAN CRUSTED HONEY BOURBON SALMON is ultra delicious and easy! This pecan crusted salmon is the perfect family meal with all of the flavor and none of the fuss.
- 2 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 1½-2 lbs. salmon slab or 6 salmon fillets
- 2-3 cups chopped pecans
- Garnish: chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 275F and spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and add the brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, garlic, black pepper, bourbon, and lemon juice. Whisk until well blended. Bring the glaze to a boil over medium heat and stir often. Reduce the heat to low and simmer the mixture until it thickens and reduces, approximately 3-5 minutes. Stir the glaze often.
- Place the salmon, skin-side-down, on the prepared dish. Brush the salmon with the prepared glaze. Cover the salmon with pecans and press the pecans firmly into the salmon. Cook for 10 minutes at 275F.
- Drizzle additional glaze over the salmon and cook another 5-10 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part, registers 120F.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and turn the oven to broil.
- Drizzle the salmon with glaze and place it in the oven. Broil 1-2 minutes, just until the pecans turn golden. **Watch the salmon while it broils – the pecans can burn quickly. The final internal temperature should be 125F-130F. Remove the salmon from the oven and allow it to cool, in the dish, 5-10 minutes before serving.