These SKILLET BOURBON BACON GREEN BEANS add some spice, flair, and beauty to any holiday table! The ultimate Thanksgiving side dish SO full of flavor, you’ll be blown away!
Every single Thanksgiving table needs a good green bean recipe. Don’t even try to fight me on this, it’s just a MUST! Everyone has their favorite, but its also fun to new out new things and new flavors. These Skillet Bourbon Bacon Green Beans are fun, beautiful, EASY, and full of so much flavor, I sure hope you give them a try! There’s an element of spicy, salty, sweet, I mean only the best for you guys!
Mom came over and helped me formulate this recipe after I had the idea of using bourbon, and they turned out awesome! We kept reaching in and “sampling” and before we knew it we had eaten almost the entire skillet as a mid-day snack. They’ll be making an appearance at our Thanksgiving this year for sure!
These Skillet Bourbon Bacon Green Beans really truly have all my favorite flavors. Bourbon (duh), BACON, salt, brown sugar, onions. All the best for you! We made them a little spicy with some red pepper flakes, and I loved the flavor combo of the brown sugar/red pepper. Spicy and sweet, what’s not to love!
And to make it even better, it’s all made in one skillet. That means ONE (count it…only 1) pan to clean up! On holiday’s like Thanksgiving and Christmas the LAST thing I want to do is worry about a bunch of dishes. No thank you. I want to enjoy my food, enjoy my friends and family, and then enjoy my post turkey nap. YES PLEASE.
Skillet Bourbon Bacon Green Beans
These SKILLET BOURBON BACON GREEN BEANS add some spice, flair, and beauty to any holiday table! The ultimate Thanksgiving side dish SO full of flavor, you'll be blown away!
- 4 strips bacon diced and cooked until crispy
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 pound green beans cleaned and ends trimmed
- ½ teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- Cut bacon into ½” pieces, then place in 12-inch skillet and cook until crisp, but not burned. Remove from bacon grease (save grease) and set aside bacon to use as garnish.
- Add onion to bacon grease and sauté until onion is translucent. Add minced garlic, and cook just until garlic blooms (softens and releases it’s oil) approximately 15-30 seconds.
- Add green beans, pepper, salt and red pepper flakes then cook until the beans begin to show brown spots, 6-8 minutes over medium heat.
- Add water, cover and cook 2 minutes. Beans should still be bright green and crisp.
- Add bourbon and brown sugar and cook 4-5 minutes, uncovered, until beans are barely crisp. Stir often.
- Taste the beans and add salt, if needed.
- Sprinkle beans with crisped bacon and serve.