Skillet Carrot Cake is the perfect way to make this delicious dessert without an oven. This easy carrot cake recipe with pineapple is so moist, so flavorful, and so simple! And we’re topping it off with the absolute best cream cheese frosting for carrot cake, because it wouldn’t be complete without it!
Carrot Cake Recipe
This easy carrot cake recipe with pineapple is made in a skillet, right on the stove top. It’s so moist and so delicious! Top it off with the best cream cheese frosting for carrot cake!
Carrot Cake is a classic dessert, but (as usual), we’re putting a bit of a spin on it. We’re making this easy carrot cake recipe in a skillet, which is just as easy as using a cake pan and adds extra crunch and taste! This is such a great way to make one of my favorite desserts.
We’re making this carrot cake with pineapple to add some extra moisture and sweetness. I think this really perfects it and makes it so much better. And of course we can’t forget the frosting. We’ve got the BEST cream cheese frosting for carrot cake. It’s so soft and creamy and flavorful. I’m a little bit obsessed with it if I’m being honest…but you will be too once you try it!
Top everything off with some honey roasted pecans and carrot shavings, and you’ve got the best carrot cake recipe ever. I love this easy dessert for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but it’s good any time of year, for any occasion!
Make this easy carrot cake recipe and top it off with the best cream cheese frosting. You’ll have the best dessert in no time!
Easy Carrot Cake Recipe with Pineapple
This easy carrot cake recipe is special. Not just because it’s made in a skillet (making carrot cake without an oven is genius), but because we’re making carrot cake with pineapple. While the more traditional recipes don’t include this ingredient, I think it’s an absolute must! The main reason you should be adding pineapple into your carrot cake recipe is because it adds so much moisture and just the right amount of sweetness.
What’s in Carrot Cake?
Every carrot cake is different, but one thing they all contain: carrots! Grated carrots are the base of this amazing dessert; they give it texture, moisture, and its orange-y color. However, carrot cake does not really taste like carrots. The flavor comes from all of the other ingredients inside.
Here are the ingredients for this easy carrot cake recipe:
- Baking Soda
- Granulated Sugar
- Flaked Coconut
- Vegetable Oil
- Honey Roasted Pecans
Are there raisins in carrot cake?
Whether or not raisins belong in carrot cake is a controversial topic. Some are strongly against it, while others welcome them. So some carrot cake recipes do contain raisins, but this one doesn’t!
What kind of nuts are in carrot cake?
Walnuts are a common nut to add into any carrot cake recipe, but we are using pecans (honey roasted pecans to be exact).
How to Make Carrot Cake in a Skillet
This skillet carrot cake recipe with pineapple is pretty awesome. It’s simple, it’s moist, it’s super flavorful, and it’s one of the best desserts ever! Of course the cream cheese frosting is the highlight (trust me, you’re going to drool when you get to that part of the recipe), but the entire cake is just absolutely delicious. We’re making this in a 9-inch cast iron skillet for a fun twist on a classic.
How to make carrot cake without an oven:
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- In another bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, and oil.
- Combine sugar mixture and flour mixture, and stir together.
- Gently fold in the grated carrots, the pineapple, and 1/3 of the pecans.
- Pour the batter into prepared skillet.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes.
Let the cake cool completely before spreading on the frosting. When ready to serve, top it off with the rest of the pecans and some carrot shavings. Check below for the full recipe.
Recommended Products to make this Easy Carrot Cake Recipe
Best Cream Cheese Frosting for Carrot Cake
This frosting is INCREDIBLE. It’s seriously the best cream cheese frosting for carrot cake. Ever! I mean, carrot cake is good as is. But if you’re not topping it with this cream cheese frosting recipe, you’re missing out. It’s made from cream cheese, butter, sour cream, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar.
How to make cream cheese frosting for carrot cake:
- Whisk together cream cheese, sour cream, butter, and vanilla in an electric mixer.
- Mix for about 3 minutes until the consistency is creamy and smooth.
- Turn the mixer off and add in the powdered sugar. Then turn the mixer to low and whisk 15-20 seconds.
- Then switch the mixer to medium-high and mix another 3 minutes.
Five simple ingredients make the best cream cheese frosting, perfectly topping off this amazing skillet carrot cake recipe. I personally like adding alllll of that frosting on top of the cake, but if it’s a bit too much for you, spread on thin layer and save the extra for another time. You can store it in the refrigerator.
If you’re looking for the perfect dessert, you’ve found it! This Skillet Carrot Cake with pineapple is a must make, and the cream cheese frosting will blow you away. I can’t wait for you to try it!
See the recipe card below for details on how to make this Skillet Carrot Cake recipe with the BEST Cream Cheese Frosting ever. Enjoy!
If you like this easy carrot cake recipe, you’ll love these other recipes too:
- Easy Carrot Cake Bars
- No Bake Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie
- Easy Peanut Butter Banana Bundt Cake
- Homemade Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
- Frosted Pecan Pie Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1½ cups finely grated carrot
- 1 4-ounce can crushed pineapple, undrained
- ¼ cup sweetened flaked coconut
- ¾ cup Honey-Roasted Pecans click for example
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 5 tablespoon unsalted butter softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup 5 ounces confectioner’s sugar (powdered sugar)
- Heat oven to 350°F and spray a 9-inch cast-iron skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger in a large bowl.
- Place sugar, oil and eggs in a medium bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- Add sugar mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until no flour is visible.
- Fold in the carrot, pineapple, coconut and 1/3 cup pecans – do not overbeat.
- Pour the batter into the sprayed skillet and bake 30-35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl (or the bowl of an electric mixer), place the cream cheese, butter, sour cream and vanilla.
- Using a whisk attachment, mix at medium-high speed until creamy and smooth, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- With the mixer turned off, add the confectioner’s sugar. Turn the mixer to low and whisk 15-20 seconds.
- Turn mixer to medium-high and whisk another 3 minutes or until smooth, creamy and fluffy.
- Spread the frosting (*see note) over the cold cake and sprinkle with the reserved chopped pecans.
Yield: 1, 9-inch cake
Original recipe: Southern Cast Iron
*Note: Depending on personal preference, all the frosting might not be needed. Keep unused frosting refrigerated.