Cool off with a delicious summer wine slush! This adults only drink is super refreshing and are a great make ahead option if you are entertaining. These pink wine slushies are the best way to beat the heat!
Fruity Wine Slushie Recipe
I love long summer days, especially when accompanied with a chilled glass of rose wine! These delicious slushies are made with vodka and cointreau and it only takes 5 minutes to make a batch!
Why you’ll love this Wine Slush Recipe:
- Make ahead: These wine slushies need to be frozen for 24 hours before serving. It’s a great way to get ahead of things especially if you are planning for a party.
- Refreshing: This is the perfect summer drink, it’s icy cold and has an orange flavor thanks to the cointreau.
- Easy to drink: A summer wine slush is so easy to drink…maybe too easy! It’s a great option for those who don’t like the strong taste of alcohol.
How to make a summer wine slush
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Make – Pour all of the ingredients into an airtight freezer container and stir well.
- Freeze – Freeze for at least 24 hours.
- Serve – Scoop into a glass and top with the soft drink of your choice.
What’s the best wine to use?
Nothing quite says summer like rose wine, and these slushies are no different! So what type of wine should you use for this recipe? I like to use a Rosa Regale or a semi-sweet sparkling Rosé wine.
It’s not overly sweet that it’s overpowering and sickly and is perfectly light, refreshing and easy to drink.
How long do wine slushies keep?
Once frozen, these slushies will keep well for up to 3 months, so, if you have a big freezer, be sure to make a few batches!
The slushies must be kept in a freezer, if in a fridge the ice will melt.
Freeze your glasses!
Before you serve the slushies, place the glasses in the freezer to chill them. The ice will start to melt when served so this will help to slow that process.
- This summer wine slush recipe is easily doubled and tripled, it’s always a good idea to have extra in your freezer!
- Citron, blood orange or vanilla flavored vodkas all work well in this drink.
- Garnish with a slice of orange for a fresh and flavorful sip.
More Easy Drinks Recipes
- Tequila Sunrise
- Homemade Spiced Rum
- Citrus Smash Cocktails (or Mocktails!)
- Blood Orange Paloma Cocktail Recipe
- Frozen Pina Coladas
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!