These summer cocktails are all easy, refreshing, and flavorful! There are plenty of fruity drinks to choose from, plus pitcher cocktails for a crowd, frozen cocktails, and lots of margaritas. So cool down on hot summer days with these drink recipes!
Best Cocktails for Summer
When summer rolls around and the temperatures start to rise, a good cocktail is sure to cool things down! These easy summer cocktails are all so refreshing, and they’re nice and cold, so they’ll definitely quench your thirst.
Whether you prefer something classic like margaritas, something fruity like sangria, or something fun and unique, there’s lots of cocktail recipes here to make. Or try margarita popsicles or margarita slushies if you want an alcoholic treat that’s easy to consume by the pool.
Enjoy any of these drinks on the patio with appetizers, at a cookout or barbecue, or after dinner. And if you’re hosting a party for 4th of July or any other summer holiday, there are lots of cocktails for a crowd you can make fast.
Good Cocktails for Hot Days
You’ll enjoy sipping on any of these cocktail recipes in the heat of summer. They’re all simple, delicious, and easy to make any time.
- Aperol Spritz: This is the ideal cocktail for summer sundowners. Sip it before dinner with appetizers, or wind down after a long day.
- Italian Mojitos: Vodka, lime, and basil make a super refreshing sip. These are so fun to serve with dinner on the patio!
- Skinny Margaritas: Making a simple margarita is the perfect way to end a hot day. Don’t forget the chips and salsa!
- Peach Frose: Frozen rose is a must for summer cocktail hour, and the addition of peaches makes it taste so bright and fruity.
- Summer Shandy: Pink lemonade, light beer, and tequila makes the most delicious drink for warm days, parties, or any time you need an easy cocktail.
The Most Refreshing Summer Cocktails
These cocktails are so refreshing, and are sure to cool you down when it’s hot out. So you can enjoy your time outside all summer long!
- Rose Sangria: Rose and sangria are two of the most refreshing cocktails–combine them, add lots of fresh fruit (like peaches and raspberries), and you have the best summer drink!
- Summer Wine Slush: Turn your favorite wine into a slushy treat to help you cool down and chill out on the patio this summer.
- Sex on the Beach Cocktail: You only need 4 ingredients to make this fun cocktail. Perfect for sipping by the pool!
- White Wine Margaritas: White wine, limeade, orange juice, and tequila make one delicious cocktail. It’s easy to make for a small group, just mix and pour!
- Beer Margaritas: Beer plus margaritas makes a delicious summer drink that’s perfect for parties or game day.
Chill Out with these Frozen Cocktails
Icy, frozen, and blended cocktails are the best way to keep cool. These drink recipes are all so easy to make and will have you feeling like you’re on vacay!
- Raspberry Mango Daiquiris: The fruity mix of raspberry and mango is so sweet and refreshing in this white rum cocktail. Just blend everything up and serve!
- Pina Coladas: The flavors of pineapple and coconut combine in this creamy tropical cocktail. It’s a classic that is just perfect when you want to feel like you’re on vacation!
- Frozen Margarita: A classic frozen margarita is one of the best ways to quench your thirst and cool things down when it’s hot outside. You can’t go wrong with these!
- Frozen Mudslide: If you’re looking for a boozy dessert to enjoy on a warm night, this frozen cocktail is the recipe you need!
- Frozen Peach Margaritas: Peach is the fruit of summer! Add some tequila, blend it up, and you’ll have a creamy frozen cocktail ready to go.
Margaritas are Made for Summer
There’s never a bad time for this popular cocktail! Make a classic version, something frozen, or something fresh and fruity. There are so many margarita recipes to choose from!
- Aperol Margaritas: It’s like a classic Aperol Spritz, but with tequila! These drinks are frozen, so they’re nice and slushy, great for hot weather.
- Spicy Cucumber Margarita: Refreshing cucumber and spicy jalapeno mixes to make the most delicious summer cocktail recipe!
- Watermelon Margaritas: Watermelon is the most refreshing fruit to eat in the summertime, and it’s even better as a cocktail.
- Blue Margarita: Make your drink match the pool with this vibrant blue cocktail! It’s perfect for pool parties and 4th of July celebrations.
- Jalapeno Margaritas: Jalapeno peppers add a nice kick of spice to this pitcher cocktail.
- Passionfruit Margaritas: Make enough of these tropical margaritas for a whole crowd! This recipe makes a pitcher, and it’s so quick to throw together.
Refreshing Strawberry Cocktail Recipes
Strawberry recipes are my favorite for summer, so I have tons of tasty summer cocktails with this fruity berry flavor.
- Strawberry Mojito: Fresh strawberries add a fruity twist to refreshing mojitos, along with rum, soda water, lime, and mint.
- Strawberry Basil Margarita: Fresh strawberries add fruity flavor, and basil leaves add a nice herb-y twist.
- Strawberry Palomas: This strawberry and tequila cocktail is topped off with ginger beer for a fizzy finish. So refreshing!
- Strawberry Frose: All you need for this easy summer drink is frozen strawberries, rose, and a blender.
- Frozen Strawberry Margarita: This blended margarita has the perfect icy texture and sweet strawberry flavor.
Fun and Fruity Summer Cocktails
Nothing says summer like a fruit-filled cocktail. Whether you prefer citrus, berries, or tropical flavors, these drinks will satisfy your craving.
- Blackberry Paloma: The mix of blackberry, grapefruit, lime, and tequila creates a smack of flavor that feels super refreshing!
- Red Berry Sangria: Fruity berry flavors make this white wine sangria cocktail feel so summery.
- Hurricane Cocktail: This fruity rum cocktail is the perfect way to get any summer party started! It’s so fun and super drinkable.
- Blood Orange Palomas: Blood orange, grapefruit, and lime make a citrus-filled tequila cocktail that’s sure to refresh when it’s warm outside.
Summer Party Cocktails (For a Crowd!)
Make enough for everyone, without spending all your time at the bar mixing drinks. These pitcher and batch cocktails are perfect for every cookout and backyard barbecue.
- Pitcher Mojitos: This mint mojito recipe is super easy to make for a lot of people all at once, and it’s so tasty.
- Pitcher Margaritas: Margaritas for everyone! Kick off any summer get together with a whole pitcher full, ready to drink.
- Strawberry Margarita Punch: Turn a fruity margarita into a party punch that’s easy to serve. It’s so delicious and fun to drink.
- Strawberry Lemonade Party Punch: Turn strawberry lemonade into an alcoholic party punch! It’s easy to make and easy to serve.
- Sweet Tea Sangria: Sweet iced tea mixes with moscato for a super fruity pitcher cocktail. All sangrias are great for cooling down, but this one does double duty!
Get ready for every summer gathering with these refreshing summer cocktail recipes. So delicious and so fun to drink. Cheers!