Make lunch spectacular with MEXICAN CHICKEN SALAD SANDWICHES! This easy twist on a classic is sure to please everyone at the table. Chicken salad loaded with taco seasoning, green chiles, corn, peppers, enchilada sauce, and more. SO GOOD!
With Summer quickly approaching, it’s important to find some quality recipes that don’t require an oven. NO HEAT PLEASE! It’s already been way too hot this year and it’s only April. I can’t imagine how much we will all be sweating by August! These Mexican Chicken Salad Sandwiches are such a tasty twist on classic chicken salad…adding spice, crunch, and so much more. I love this Mexican Chicken Salad stuffed into a buttery croissant, layered in a flour tortilla, or even on a bed of lettuce. The possibilities are endless and so is the flavor.
This Mexican Chicken Salad wouldn’t be complete without Old El Paso. I used their Taco Seasoning (my fave), chopped green chiles, and red enchilada sauce. The perfect amount of spice, crunch, and simplicity. It’s no secret I’m obsessed. Their products just lend themselves to so many different recipes.
I can’t wait to ring in Summer with these fun and easy sandwiches. They make entertaining easy, or just eating at home with your family. I’m all about that. If you prefer a spicier feel, you can use spicy taco seasoning and throw in some chopped jalapeños. If you want a mild mix, just leave them out! You can’t go wrong. I hope your family loves these Mexican Chicken Salad Sandwiches as much as we do!
Happy Spring and Summer! Enjoy :)
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 ½ lb cooked shredded chicken breast
- 3/4 cup low fat mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce
- ½ ounce (1/2 a packet) Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 1 (3.5 ounce) can Old El Paso Green Chiles
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 1 green pepper, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Place cooked shredded chicken in a large bowl and add in all other ingredients. Stir to fully combine. Add a bit more mayo if needed for texture.
- Eat in a wrap, on a croissant, on toasted bread, or by itself; the sky is the limit!