Quick and easy to make, this chicken salad recipe is perfect as is for for Chicken Salad Sandwiches. Shredded chicken, celery and grapes are tossed in a creamy and tangy dressing and served in croissants for a tasty bite.
Chicken Salad Sandwiches
The creamy mayo dressing has a nice tang thanks to some Dijon mustard, and it’s a perfect way to use up rotisserie or leftover roasted chicken.
Just as good as any deli, I know you are going to love this sandwich recipe!
Why You’ll Love this Chicken Salad Recipe:
- Quick and Easy: It takes no more than 10 minutes to whip up a batch of this creamy chicken salad.
- Meal Prep for Lunches: Great for meal prep, this salad keeps well and you can make it ahead of time and enjoy it throughout the week.
- Kid Friendly: Even your picky eaters are going to love this! Full of texture and flavor, it’s hard to resist!
This simple recipe is seriously delicious! Crazy easy to make, it’s great to grab for a quick lunch or dinner. It’s an easy thing to make for potlucks lunches and picnics too!
How to Make Chicken Salad Sandwiches at Home
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Whisk together the mayo, mustard, garlic powder, vinegar and dill.
- Mix in the chicken, celery, grapes, and red onion.
- Spoon into croissants with fresh lettuce.
Use chopped or shredded cooked chicken. This is a great way to use up leftover chicken or for a shortcut, use a rotisserie chicken.
Keep total add-ins to about 2 cups. I love adding grapes, celery, and onion, but chopped walnuts or pecans, dried cranberries, hard boiled eggs, or avocado would be delicious additions!
Absolutely. Substitute any fresh herb for the dill – try parsley, basil, chives, or tarragon.
Make the chicken salad up to 4 days in advance and assemble the sandwiches just before serving.
These chicken salad sandwiches are great served by themselves, or try them with these favorite sides:
However you decide to serve this sandwich, I just know yo are going to love it!
- Instead of sandwiches, serve this chicken salad with crackers or on top of salad.
- Because the chicken salad contains mayo, keep it refrigerated and don’t leave it at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Rotisserie or leftover roasted chicken is great for this recipe. You can also cook up a couple of breasts to use. Check out my Instant Pot Shredded Chicken recipe that can be used in this.
Rich and creamy, these chicken salad sandwiches are super tasty! It’s a great family friendly recipe that everyone is guaranteed to love!
Can you freeze Chicken Salad?
Because the chicken salad contains dairy it is not suitable for freezing.
Is this recipe gluten-free?
The chicken salad itself is gluten-free. Serve on gluten-free bread if you have an intolerance.
Can you make it healthier?
To reduce fat and calories, you can swap half of the mayo for Greek yogurt.
More 30 Minute Recipes We Love
There’s no bad time to enjoy these chicken salad sandwiches. Full of flavor and so easy to make, this is one tasty bite!
More Easy Sandwich Recipes to Try:
- Copycat Maid Rite Sandwiches
- Bacon Ranch Chicken Salad
- Reuben Sandwich
- Cucumber Sandwiches
- Copycat McRib Sandwich
- Ham Salad
- Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- BLT Sandwich Sliders
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.