If you are looking to impress, but in the easiest possible way, this 3 ingredient apple pie monkey bread is a sure-fire way of doing it! Perfect to serve for breakfast on Christmas morning, or as a lazy weekend brunch, this is one tasty and simple recipe!
Apple Cinnamon Monkey Bread
There’s nothing quite like the smell of baked goods in the kitchen on Christmas morning, but let’s face it, sometimes there are just not enough hours in the day!
Luckily, this apple pie monkey bread takes minutes to prep and is a great shortcut to a freshly baked bread! Turn refrigerator cinnamon rolls into monkey bread with just a few simple steps. Perfect for sharing and so effortless!
Be sure to try my Butterscotch Monkey Bread and Savory Monkey Bread too!
Why you’ll love this Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread recipe:
- 3 INGREDIENTS: You only need 3 basic everyday ingredients to make this delicious bread recipe so you have no excuses!
- PERFECT FOR SHARING: This recipe will easily serve 8 people, so it’s perfect for overnight guests.
- SO FESTIVE: The flavor of apple pie and cinnamon make this perfect throughout the colder months. Perfect for Thanksgiving and all across the holidays.
This monkey bread is so quick and easy to make and you are going to LOVE the results! It’s just perfect for brunch. Make it for Christmas or Easter morning.
How to Make Apple Monkey Bread with Cinnamon Rolls
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cut the cinnamon rolls in quarters and chop up the apple pie filling.
- Mix everything together and place in a bundt pan.
- Bake til golden brown.
- Drizzle over the icing.
This apple pie monkey bread will keep well for 3-4 days in an airtight container, though it is best enjoyed within 1-2 days. Store it at room temperature.
If you have any leftovers (lucky you!) you can freeze them for a later date. Wrap securely in foil and plastic wrap to protect it from freezer burn and it will keep well for 1-2 months. Thaw at room temperature to serve.
For ease and convenience, I use a store-bought can of apple pie filling. If you like, you can make your own filling too, check out my apple pie recipe for a delicious homemade option.
Monkey bread is traditionally made in a bundt pan as it helps it to cook evenly through. You can bake it in a loaf or bread pan, just ensure that it’s cooked all the way through. If the top browns too quickly you can cover the top loosely with foil.
- Grease the pan well before adding in the cinnamon roll and apple pie filling.
- Make sure that your oven is fully preheated before baking the bread so it cooks through evenly.
- Leftovers can be warmed through in the oven at 360°F for 5-10 minutes.
Monkey bread has never been easier to make! 3 ingredients, 10 minutes of prep, and one delicious breakfast to serve to the table!
More Apple Recipes to Try
This apple pie monkey bread is so perfect for a sharing breakfast. The kitchen smells wonderful as it bakes and it’s such a crowd-pleaser!
More Easy Breakfast Recipes we Love
- English Muffin Breakfast Pizza
- Pecan Caramel Rolls
- Cheesy Baked Breakfast Sliders
- Baked Apple Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal
- Blueberry Sheet Pan Pancakes
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.
What size can of cinnamon rolls. I have large (124 oz) will one can work
Two cans would be 12.4oz each!
What brand rolls do you use?
Just regular Pillsbury will work fine!