These easy apple recipes are perfect for any time of year, but especially great during the fall season. Use those fresh and flavorful apples to make warm desserts, cozy drinks, sweet breakfasts, and savory meals. There’s no shortage of recipes to make with apples!
What to Make with Apples
Autumn is apple season! So this is the best time of year to make all of the easy apple recipes you can think of. You might be planning your pumpkin recipes for fall, but you don’t want to forget this amazing fruit!
My family and I love apple-picking, which usually means LOTS of leftover apples to use up. I use them to make delicious desserts and baked goods, but they work in drinks, breakfasts, and even savory recipes too.
There are so many different types of apples to choose from (Honeycrisp, Granny Smith, McIntosh, and more), so you can get such different flavors depending on which you choose. Whether you want to make something sweet or savory, there’s definitely something here for you to try.
Apple Dessert Recipes
These apple desserts are all easy to make, and just scream autumn. Nothing is cozier than a warm, sweet, apple-filled treat. Make pies, crisps, cakes, and more!
- Sheet Pan Apple Crisp: Make apple crisp for a crowd with this easy sheet pan recipe! This is the best way to make a large batch of everyone’s favorite fall dessert.
- Homemade Apple Pie: This traditional pie is a must in the fall season! Use fresh apples to make a fresh, homemade pie for holidays or weekends.
- Apple Dumplings: Apples are wrapped in pastry and baked to perfection, for the most delicious (and easy) treat. These are so tasty served up warm with ice cream.
- Fried Apples: Cook up apple slices with butter, sugar, and cinnamon for a simple, easy, and satisfying treat.
- Apple Pie Cupcakes: Turn cinnamon rolls into perfectly sweet cupcakes, inspired by everyone’s favorite apple pie.
- Chunky Apple Bundt Cake: This cake is so easy to make. Filled with apples and topped with cream cheese icing, it’s so tasty!
- Caramel Apple Pie Bread Pudding: Caramel apple flavored bread pudding makes a great dessert or indulgent holiday breakfast!
- Homemade Caramel Apples: What could be more fun than a classic caramel-coated apple? These are really easy to make, and the kids are going to love them. Make them for parties, holidays, or fun weekends at home.
- Instant Pot Apple Crisp: Make this dessert in the quickest and easiest way possible–in an Instant Pot! You’ll have a sweet treat ready in no time.
- Caramel Apple Dump Cake: Dump your ingredients in a baking dish, put it in the oven, and you’ll end up with this deliciously sweet cake!
Apple Breakfast Recipes
Start the day with a sweet and flavorful breakfast! Apples are a fruit, so it’s the perfect excuse to sneak them into these morning favorites. They go just as well with breads and oatmeal as they do with donuts or eggs (yes, eggs!).
- Baked Apple Oatmeal: Make oatmeal even better by baking it! This healthy recipe is an easy way to make breakfast for the whole family.
- Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Cookies: Combine diced apples with oats and bake up these delicious little cookies. They’re nutritious and filling, perfect for breakfast on the go!
- Apple Pie Monkey Bread: Turn a can of cinnamon rolls into festive monkey bread by adding apple pie filling. Just 3 ingredients to make this bread!
- Apple Pie Overnight French Toast: Combine the flavor of apple pie with richly delicious french toast, all in an easy to make casserole! The best make ahead breakfast for holidays, or any time you have guests.
- Apple, Ham, Cheese Frittata: Frittatas are the perfect egg-y recipe for brunches and holiday breakfasts. This one features apples, ham, and cheese, for a savory flavor mix that everyone will love.
- Apple Streusel Bread: This quick bread features lots of apple flavor and a tasty streusel topping. It’s easy to make, perfect for breakfast, dessert, or a snack.
- Baked Apple Cider Donuts: These donuts are a MUST for fall. Baked to perfection, these are great for dipping in hot apple cider or coffee.
- Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls: These homemade cinnamon rolls are soft, fluffy, and flavorful! It’s the best fall breakfast, and easier to make than you’d think.
There are so many different drinks to make with apples. Whether you prefer a coffee or a cocktail, something warm or refreshing, one of these easy drink recipes will fulfill those cravings.
- Apple Cider Margaritas: Take margaritas from summer right into Autumn. This cocktail is made with apple cider, maple syrup, cinnamon, and of course the classic marg ingredients.
- Instant Pot Apple Cider: This cider is made with apples, oranges, cranberries, and cinnamon, for a warming drink made in minutes. Serve it on chilly autumn nights!
- Apple Crisp Macchiato: Make a deliciously tart yet sweet iced coffee drink to start off your day, or keep you going in the afternoon. The homemade syrup is a great way to use up fresh apples.
- Apple Cider Mojitos: These mojitos are perfect for fall. Easy to make and filled with that warm, spiced flavor you’d expect from cider!
- Apple Cider Hot Toddy: Take that hot toddy up a notch with apple cider and whiskey, for a cocktail that will surely keep you warm.
- Apple Butter Old Fashioned Cocktail: Use apple butter and apple cider to give a classic Old Fashioned a very festive fall twist!
- Caramel Apple Sangria: This white wine sangria is made with apple cider, caramel flavored vodka, and ginger ale to create a refreshingly fall drink.
- Crockpot Apple Cider: Make up a big batch of apple cider in the easiest way possible: in a slow cooker! Let it simmer for the afternoon, and it’ll be ready when it’s time to warm up.
- Apple Pie Punch: This apple pie flavored punch is the perfect party drink for any fall occasion.
Savory Apple Recipes
Most of the recipes on this list are sweet, but apples make for delicious savory recipes too! Pair apple with pork, veggies, cheese, and more. Make lunch, dinner, salads, and appetizers all with this favorite fruit.
- Apple Ginger Glazed Ham: Make a ham for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any occasion. It features a delicious apple-infused glaze, served along with baked apples.
- Apple Butter Pork Chops: Cook up the perfect pork chops with apples and apple butter. It makes for the most amazing sweet and savory dinner.
- Kale Salad with Apples: This is the PERFECT fall salad. It’s healthy, hearty, and super flavorful. Mix kale, apples, pumpkin seeds, goat cheese and more, finished with a maple pumpkin dressing.
- Spiced Rice Pilaf with Apples: Apples are sauteed up with onions, then combined with herbs and spices to create a warmly-seasoned rice dish.
- Apple Cheddar Waffle Sandwich: Apple and cheese might sound like a surprising combo, but it’s so amazing in this sandwich. The maple dijon sauce really finished it off perfectly.
- Cucumber Apple Salad: This salad features cucumbers, apples, and radishes, with a creamy apple cider dressing. It’s a great starter for any dinner.
- Apple Pie Baked Brie: Delicious apple pie filling is combined with brie, and baked inside pastry dough, to create the most indulgent, rich, and festive appetizer for any party. It pairs beautifully with your favorite wine.
- Sheet Pan Chicken with Apples: The sweetness of apples mixed with savory-spiced chicken breast, bakes together to make one flavorful dinner!
Apple season runs from late July through November. The best time to go apple picking, or to find the freshest apples at the market, is in September and October. But you can find some varieties at the grocery store any time of year.
Yes! This fruit has a high water content, it’s relatively low calorie, and it’s a great source of fiber and other nutrients.
This depends on the overall size of the apples. A good rule of thumb is: 3 medium-sized apples (similar to a tennis ball) = 1 pound. So if you have larger apples, it will be less apples per pound.
Yes you can, and it’s actually quite easy. Slice up fresh apples, place them on a baking sheet in the freezer, then transfer them to resealable bags once they’re frozen. You can also freeze them whole.
Fuji, Gala, and Honeycrisp apples are some of the sweetest options, and easy to find at many grocery stores.
Yes! They have the same health benefits for dogs as they do for humans, so feel free to give your pup an apple slice. Just be sure not to feed them any seeds.
Try these Oat and Apple Pretzel Dog Treats.
Now that you’ve got all those apples, make these easy apple recipes to celebrate fall! Whether you choose something sweet or savory, you really can’t go wrong. They’re perfect for fall holidays, or really any time of year.
More Fall Recipes
Autumn is the best time for pumpkins, apples, winter squash, and all of those warming spices. These recipes and how-to’s will help you make the most of the season!