This apple cider sauce recipe is simply delicious and so versatile! Drizzle it over desserts, spoon into tea and coffee or drizzle over your favorite pound cake. A quick and easy recipe that will elevate your food!
Guys, stop what you are doing and go and make this sauce immediately! Even I can’t quite believe how good it is. So easy to make and so many uses! You can finally enjoy the flavor of apple on everything and anything.
How to Make This Apple Cider Sauce Recipe
Whisk all ingredients together in a heavy-bottom, medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until sauce thickens and darkens.
Cool to room temperature and keep refrigerated in an airtight jar up to 3 weeks.
The sauce will separate when cold; when ready to use, heat in a saucepan or microwave and serve warm.
What do you use apple cider sauce for?
This is a great sweet sauce that’s perfect for dressing up your desserts. It’s also great to add a teaspoon into tea (cold or hot) or coffee (cold or hot). These are some of my favorite desserts to use it with:
- Oatmeal Pumpkin Bread
- Easy Homemade Apple Pie Recipe
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Easy Homemade Pumpkin Ice Cream Recipe
- Brown Sugar Pound Cake with Brown Sugar Icing (Easy Pound Cake Recipe)
- Super Easy Banana Pancakes (Dairy Free Pancakes Made in a Blender)
What is in apple cider sauce?
You just need a handful of simple ingredients to make this scrumptious sauce. The recipe makes a whopping 2 cups!
- apple cider
- light corn syrup and granulated sugar
- nutmeg and ginger
Apple cider sauce is sweet, lightly spiced and the lemon adds an amazing tang to it. It’s so easy to make a batch and use it over all of your favorite fall desserts!
How long will this sauce last?
Here’s the good news! This sauce will keep for up to three weeks if stored in an air tight container in the fridge. The sauce will separate when it’s cold, so when ready to use, heat in a saucepan or microwave and serve it warm.
Top Tips to Make This Apple Cider Sauce Recipe
- Simmer the sauce until it becomes thick and darker in color.
- Cool the sauce to room temperature before refrigerating.
- Before use, heat the sauce up and serve warm.
Other ways to use Apple Cider Sauce
If you like this recipe, be sure to try our caramel sauce recipe too!
Be sure to check out these other yummy dessert recipes!
- Pumpkin Brownies (Super Easy Fall Dessert Recipe)
- Homemade Lemon Curd
- Blueberry, Raspberry, Strawberry Tiramisu (Triple Berry Dessert)
- Sheet Pan Apple Crisp Recipe
- The Best Homemade Cherry Pie Recipe