This delicious sheet pan apple crisp recipe is simple and easy to make and perfect for feeding a crowd. Made in a sheet pan, this fruit crisp is a real treat and is meant to be served with ice cream!
Is there anything more comforting than an apple crisp served with lashings of ice cream?! I think not! Making this fruit crisp in a sheet pan is a great and fuss free way of making a delicious sweet for a crowd.
How to make this Sheet Pan Apple Crisp Recipe
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Combine ingredients to make the apple crisp topping, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Mix ingredients to make the apple filling, and pour into the prepared sheet pan.
- Bake until softened, then add the crisp topping and continue baking.
- Let it rest, then serve warm.
Is an apple crisp the same as a crumble?
Crisps and crumbles are very similar baked fruit desserts, but the difference is in the topping. The topping on a crumble tends to be more dense and cakey where as the topping on a crisp is lighter. The toppings on a crisp tend to contain oats.
What are the best apples to use?
It’s best to use tart apples in this sheet pan apple crisp so that they contrast with the sweet topping. I used Granny Smith apples in mine, pink pearl would also work well. Apples should be firm for the best results.
The best apple crisp recipe
Making the apple crisp in a sheet pan is such an easy way to bake this dessert, and it also means you can make a big batch with no fuss. The topping is deliciously crispy and the apples are full of flavor. Leftovers can be stored covered in the fridge for 3-4 days and either gently reheated or served cold.
Other Apple Recipes we LOVE
We simply LOVE apple recipes here at The Cookie Rookie. This Sheet Pan Apple Crisp is in good company! Here are some of our other go-to favorites.
- Homemade Apple Pie
- Easy Apple Crisp
- Fried Apples
- Apple Pie Cupcakes
- Caramel Cheesecake Stuffed Apple Bread
- Caramel Apple Dip
- Caramel Apple Freezer Pie
- Apple Pie Overnight French Toast
Top tips to make this Sheet Pan Apple Crisp Recipe
- Use tart, firm apples for the best filling.
- Line your sheet pan with foil and spray it with a non stick spray.
- Cook the crisp in a pre-heated oven.
- Be sure to serve with the creamiest of ice creams.
- Top it off with caramel sauce or apple cider sauce, and you’re really in business!
Be sure to check out these other delicious desserts!
- Cheesecake Watermelon Pizza
- Blueberry, Raspberry, Strawberry Tiramisu
- The Best Homemade Cherry Pie Recipe
- Easy Peach Cobbler
- Key Lime Pie
- Fresh Strawberry Pie
- Pumpkin Crisp
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!