Start your day right with this delicious baked apple oatmeal recipe. Full of the flavors of fall, this healthy fruit oatmeal is simple to make and more than delicious to eat!
Easy Apple Baked Oatmeal Recipe
As the weather starts to get cooler, a hearty breakfast is a must, and this oatmeal is a tasty way to fuel your day!
Made with fresh apples and seasoned with apple pie spice and cinnamon, this is one delicious breakfast that even your picky eaters will love!
Why you’ll love this Baked Apple Oatmeal recipe:
- MAKE AHEAD: This baked oatmeal is a great option for make ahead breakfasts for those busy morning.
- HEALTHY: This will keep you feeling full til lunchtime. The oats contain fiber, minerals and lots of antioxidants and they are naturally sweetened with maple syrup. There’s also good amounts of vitamins from the fresh apples and applesauce.
- GREAT FOR A CROWD: This recipe will make 9 servings, so it’s a great option if you have overnight guests.
Simple to make and packed full of the good stuff, this oven baked apple pie oatmeal is a healthy way for your family to start the day.
How to make Baked Apple Oatmeal for Breakfast
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Whisk the eggs and combine with the milk, applesauce and maple syrup.
- Whisk in the dry ingredients and the chopped apples.
- Let the mixture sit and then pour it into a baking dish.
- Top with more apple chunks and bake.
Old fashioned, or rolled, oats are best to use for this baked apple oatmeal. They soften, but still have a slightly chewy texture to them. Steel cut oats shouldn’t be used as they will be too tough to eat, quick oats can be used in a pinch, but will be much softer.
This baked oatmeal will keep well for up to 3 days covered in the fridge. Let it cool completely before storing.
Yes! This oatmeal is freezer friendly. Cut it into squares, freeze solid on a baking sheet and transfer to a container, or, cover and freeze it in the dish it’s baked in. It will keep well for up to 3 months. Thaw it in the fridge overnight.
This apple oatmeal can be enjoyed warm or cold. It’s great for a grab and go breakfast right out of the fridge, or reheat it in the oven or microwave to enjoy.
- Don’t skip the baking powder. This helps to keep the oatmeal light and without it it can become quite heavy and stodgy.
- Any milk can be used to make this baked apple oatmeal. Use a plant-based milk like almond or oat for a vegan breakfast, or dairy for a creamier texture.
- If you don’t have maple syrup, honey can also be used to naturally sweeten the oatmeal.
Send everyone out the door in the morning with this nutritious and filling baked oatmeal!
More Apple Recipes to Try:
- Apple Bundt Cake
- Apple Pie Cupcakes
- Sheet Pan Apple Crisp
- Fried Apples
- Apple Dumplings
- Caramel Apple Sangria
This healthy baked oatmeal has all of the flavors of your favorite apple pie. Simple and easy to make, it’s filling and so delicious!
More Easy Breakfast Recipes we Love
- Skillet Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast Tacos
- Blueberry Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!