This Cozy Bacon Cheeseburger Pot Pie is the very definition of comfort food! This is an easy, kid-approved dinner, ideal for those nights where you just need to make something quick and delicious. This cheeseburger pot pie recipe fits the bill and it’s so so yummy! And I’m not kidding when I say it tastes exactly like a cheeseburger.
This Bacon Cheeseburger Pot Pie recipe is hearty and oh so yummy! This pot pie also tastes exactly like a bacon cheeseburger, it’ll be a hit!
The golden flaky pie crust takes the place of the bun and fries, making this pie a meal all on its own but feel free to add some sides for a super filling meal!
Table of Contents
How To Make This Bacon Cheeseburger Pot Pie
Can You Make This Cheeseburger Pot Pie Ahead Of Time?
Yes, You can assemble your pie up to 8 hour before you plan to bake it. Store the pie covered in the refrigerator until you’re ready to put it in the oven. You may need to increase the cooking time to compensate for starting with a cold pie.
What To Serve With This Pie
This Bacon Cheeseburger Pot Pie is hearty on its own but can also team up with a number of sides, here are a few ideas:
- Sauteed Carrots
- Simple Oven Roasted Vegetables
- Spicy Cheese Broccoli Recipe
- Easy Cucumber Salad Recipe
- Mind Blowing Grilled Corn Salad
What Sort Of Beef Should I Use For Pot Pie?
If you choose to use a meat with higher fat content, be sure to drain off any excess grease before proceeding with the recipe. You can 90% lean ground beef for this recipe – it has plenty of flavor but isn’t overly greasy.
Top Tips For This Bacon Cheeseburger Pot Pie
- This recipe can work in a deep dish 9 inch pie pan or a regular 10 inch pie pan.
- If cooking it in a 9×13-inch casserole dish instead of the cast iron, cook the bacon, onion and ground chuck in a large skillet, then pour the mixture into a sprayed casserole dish and top with the crescent dough. Finish cooking in the oven.
- Top your pie with your favorite burger fixings such as shredded lettuce, tomato, pickles, bacon, red onion and avocado.
- This pie is hearty enough to stand alone as a full meal. I often serve it with a green salad or vegetables.
Check Out These Other Delicious Casserole Recipes
- Easy French Onion Soup Casserole
- Cheesy Potato Casserole
- Reuben Casserole Recipe
- Cozy Turkey Rice Casserole