This Bacon Wrapped Dates recipe is one tasty appetizer! Everyone loves a good bacon wrapped recipe, and these bacon wrapped dates with goat cheese and pecans are out of this world. They’re perfect for game day and New Year’s Eve!
Table of Contents
Bacon Wrapped Dates
It’s time to celebrate because I’m back with more bacon wrapped appetizers! We’ve got Bacon Wrapped Crackers, Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts, and Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots. Now it’s time to add another amazingly delicious option into the mix: a Bacon Wrapped Dates recipe!
More specifically, bacon wrapped dates with goat cheese and pecans. This bacon wrapped recipe is the perfect appetizer for game day, New Year’s Eve, any holiday, or any party. The mix of flavors is incredible and they’re so easy to make too.
If you like dates, you’re really going to love dates wrapped in bacon…what’s not to love? A juicy little fruit (with plenty of health benefits, by the way), stuffed with goat cheese and pecans, then wrapped in everyone’s favorite thing (BACON!). Have I mentioned the bacon yet? Yup, you’re going to love these!
This Bacon Wrapped Dates recipe is the PERFECT appetizer for game day and holidays! Dates wrapped in bacon and stuffed with goat cheese and pecans. Yum!
FAQ for Bacon Wrapped Dates
What temperature do you cook bacon wrapped dates?
In this recipe, we are cooking the dates at 375°F for about 20 minutes total. Full details are in the recipe card below.
How do you remove a pit from a date?
You’ll need to remove the pit from the date to stuff them. To remove the pit, use a small paring knife to cut about half way through (lengthwise), then take the pit out.
How long do bacon wrapped dates last?
If you happen to have some leftovers, you can store them in the refrigerator for a couple of days just fine. You can also make these ahead of time and just keep them in the fridge until they’re ready to be eaten.
Can I freeze bacon wrapped dates?
These can be frozen if you want to make them well ahead of time, or if you have leftovers that you want to last longer. They can be frozen up to 3 months.
- Make sure they have fully cooled before storing.
- Place the dates in a single layer in a freezer-safe container.
- Use parchment paper to separate layers if you have a lot to store in one container.
- When ready to use, let them thaw fully in the refrigerator (overnight or up to 24 hours).
- Reheat them in the oven for about 10 minutes (or until fully heated through) at 375°F.
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese
Dates wrapped in bacon are so easy to make, which means they’re the perfect party appetizer! Just stuff each one with goat cheese and pecan, wrap in bacon, then bake.
Here’s a quick overview:
- After removing the pit, fill the middle of each date with goat cheese and a pecan, then close it.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each one and secure it with a toothpick.
- Dip each one in brown sugar then place it on a baking sheet.
- Bake them for 10 minutes at 375°F, then flip them and back another 8 minutes.
The mix of crispy bacon, sweet caramelized sugar on the outside, and creamy goat cheese in the middle is so delicious! Check the recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
Tips for Making Dates Wrapped in Bacon
Here are a few extra tips to help you with this recipe:
- This recipe uses fresh Medjool Dates, not the dried kind you find in the baking or snack section.
- I recommend using thinner strips of bacon to make sure it cooks fully.
- Be sure to cut the bacon strips the right length. You want the bacon to wrap fully around each date, but just barely. Secure it with a toothpick.
- This recipe makes 18 full dates wrapped in bacon. They are pretty big, so you can slice each one in half or into quarters. This will create the perfect little bite-sized pinwheels.
- You might be able to find dates at the store that are already pitted, but if not, it’s really easy to remove the pit yourself.
Bacon Wrapped Recipes
I never get tired of bacon wrapped recipes. It’s such a simple idea: wrap basically anything in bacon, bake it, and everyone will love it! It makes for the perfect party appetizer, and they’re especially great for game day and New Year’s Eve.
Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese are just the tip of the iceberg. You have to try these other recipes too:
- Sweet & Spicy Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus with Dijon
- Bacon Wrapped Crackers Appetizer
- Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts Recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Appetizer
- Bacon Wrapped Pineapple with Brown Sugar
I know you guys are going to love these dates wrapped in bacon and stuffed with goat cheese. I mean, YUM! What’s not to love? Make them for your New Year’s Eve appetizers, or make them for Superbowl Sunday. Your guests will devour them!
See the recipe card below for details on how to make Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, try these other tasty appetizers:
- Cheesy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Baked Bloomin’ Onion
- Fried Goat Cheese Balls
- Classic Sausage Balls Recipe
- Ham and Cheese Roll Ups