This banana pudding poke cake is one delicious dessert that’s sure to please the sweetest of teeth. Light, fluffy and creamy, every slice is super yummy!
Banana Pudding Poke Cake Recipe
This banana pudding poke cake only takes about 10 minutes of hands on time to make, so it’s great when you don’t have time to spare in the kitchen.
Made with a box cake mix, vanilla pudding and fresh bananas and topped with cream and wafers. I promise you, you’re going to love this!
Why you’ll love this Banana Pudding Cake recipe:
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: You only need 6 ingredients to make this tasty cake recipe!
- EASY: Made with a box mix, it takes minutes to make this cake before it gets baked in the oven.
- MAKE AHEAD: This cake can be made ahead of time so it’s a great potluck dessert, or treat for any big feast.
How to make Banana Pudding Poke Cake for any occasion
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Make up the cake mix and pour into prepared cake pan.
- Bake and let cool.
- Make the vanilla pudding.
- Poke holes all over the cake and spread the pudding mix on top and layer on the banana slices.
- Cover and chill.
- Spread whipped cream on top and top with wafers and banana slices.
How do you make the holes in the cake?
The cake should be cooled slightly when you make the holes, but it can still be warm. Use a wooden spoon with a thin, rounded handle to poke holes all over the top of the cake.
I make the holes about 3/4 of the way through the cake, not al the way to the bottom.
How long does it keep?
This banana pudding poke cake should be kept refrigerated. It’s best enjoyed within 2 days, after that the bananas will start to brown, but will be good to eat for up to 4. Keep it covered with plastic wrap to keep it fresh.
How do you stop the bananas from browning?
If you want to make this several days ahead, to stop the bananas from browning too quickly, you can toss them in some lemon or lime juice to slow the process.
Use slightly under ripe bananas that won’t brown as quickly.
- Use a 9×13 inch pan for this poke cake recipe.
- Make sure the cake is fully cooled before adding the cream topping.
- Keep covered and refrigerated before serving.
This Banana Pudding Poke Cake is creamy, dreamy, easy, and delicious. I love making this for Summer get togethers or year round when we need a special (and SIMPLE) sweet treat at the end of the day.
More easy Cake Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!