Summer heat calls for light, fruity, and refreshing Summer Desserts to cool things down! Frozen treats are perfect for hot days, no bake desserts are a must when you just can’t stand to turn on the oven, and fresh fruit flavors make the best cakes, pies, desserts bars, and more. Whip up any of these easy summer dessert recipes to bring to parties, potlucks, and BBQs!
Summer Dessert Recipes & Ideas
When summer rolls around, it’s time to hit the pool, enjoy the weather at all those summertime parties, and gather for backyard cookouts. And there’s one thing all those occasions need: the best summer desserts!
Cool, light, fruity, and refreshing desserts are the key to beating the heat all summer long. Pick up fresh fruits and berries for cakes or tarts, make the easiest no bake desserts, or throw together something fun for the whole crowd. And of course there are lots of ice cream treats the kids are sure to love!
With Memorial Day, graduation parties, 4th of July, and Labor Day around the corner, there are going to be plenty of opportunities to make these sweet treats!
Email This Recipe
Enter your email and we’ll send the recipe directly to you!
Fruit-Filled Dessert Recipes
Summer is the perfect time for fruity desserts filled with strawberries, blueberries, banana, lemon, and every other fruit flavor you can imagine. Take advantage of those super fresh berries while they last!
- Fresh Strawberry Pie: Fresh, juicy strawberries and whipped topping create the simplest yet tastiest summer pie recipe.
- Lemon Meringue Cheesecake: Classic cheesecake, tangy lemon curd, and a fluffy meringue topping makes the perfect light and sweet flavor!
- Banana Pudding Poke Cake: Yellow cake mix, pudding, fresh bananas, Cool Whip, and wafer cookies make the most delicious and moist cake.
- Classic Lemon Bars: The sweet, tangy, citrus-y flavor of these dessert bars is so fresh and classic. Be sure to bring these to the potluck! And my gluten-free lemon bars are just as tasty.
- Strawberry Shortcake Pie: Pound cake, berries, and cream are layered onto a pie crust for a nostalgic dessert everyone will devour.
- Cherry Pie: Nothing says summer like a slice of cherry pie! The sweet and tart cherry filling is incredible paired with vanilla ice cream.
- Blueberry Raspberry Coffee Cake: Add a fruity twist to coffee cake with fresh berries. This is a beautiful afternoon or breakfast treat. Pair it with iced coffee to keep cool.
- Easy Raspberry Tart: This fruit tart is super quick and easy to make, so you can have a fruit-filled dessert ready in a pinch! Be sure to try this easy pear tart too.
- Strawberry Cupcakes: Use white cake mix, jell-o, and strawberries to make these easy cupcakes, topped with the best strawberry cream cheese frosting.
- Double Berry Crisp: Blueberries and strawberries make a tasty fruit filling, topped with a crumbly cinnamon sugar streusel for a summer crisp that’s best served with ice cream!
Light and Healthy Summer Desserts
Keep things a little lighter and healthier with these quick, simple, and tasty desserts. Fruit is naturally sweet, juicy, and good for you, so there’s no shortage of delicious treats!
- Cream Cheese Fruit Dip: A fresh fruit board is the ideal dessert when you want to keep things light and healthy, and this cream cheese dip is perfect to go along with it.
- Grilled Peaches and Ice Cream: You’ve already got the grill out, so grill up some peaches to serve with scoops of ice cream. It’s so simple but it’s the best dessert for summer!
- No Bake Cheesecake Cups: This yogurt-based dessert tastes like creamy, custard-y cheesecake in a cup!
- Red White and Blue Popsicles: These colorful smoothie pops are made with yogurt and fresh fruit for a healthy summer treat! These are so fun to serve on 4th of July or Memorial Day.
- Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies: The inclusion of shredded zucchini makes these cookies light, nutritious, and extra moist.
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad: This sugar-free dessert has fruity flavor, crunchy pretzels, jiggly jell-o, and creamy whipped topping!
- Cheesecake Watermelon Pizza: A slice of watermelon is the most refreshing snack on summer days, but it’s even better covered with a creamy yogurt topping and more fruit.
- Mango Smoothie: Quick and easy to make, and delightfully healthy, these smoothies are sure to fix your sugar cravings and keep you cool. The kids will love them too!
No Bake Desserts for Summer
No one wants to turn on the oven in the heat of summer, so these no-bake dessert recipes will surely come in handy.
- Frozen Strawberry Lemonade Pie: The creamy filling tastes like a glass of refreshing strawberry lemonade–and all you have to do is mix and freeze!
- Mint Chocolate Ice Cream Pie: The cooling flavor of mint chocolate is perfect for warm days, and nothing screams summer like an ice cream pie!
- Coconut Fudge: The creamy, tropical coconut flavor of this white chocolate fudge will make you feel like you’re on an island vacation.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake: No need to bake this cheesecake! If you love peanut butter cups, this is sure to please.
- Cannolis: All you have to do to make this classic Italian treat is pipe a delicious homemade filling into shells. The combination of crispy and creamy in every bite is divine!
- Tiramisu: The incredible flavors of coffee, mascarpone, rum, and chocolate come together in this classic dessert that, surprisingly, doesn’t require an oven!
- Chocolate Lasagna: This is the best summer dessert recipe for chocolate lovers! Oreo cookie crust, chocolate pudding, cream cheese, and whipped topping create layers of delicious texture.
- Chocolate Pots de Creme: This easy dessert is rich, chocolate-y, velvet-y smooth, and it’s nice and cold.
- Strawberry Shortcake Cups: Layers of macerated strawberries, cubes of pound cake, and whipped topping are served in individual jars or cups for an easy-to-serve party dessert.
Refreshing Dessert Ideas
These cool and creamy desserts are so refreshing on hot summer afternoons! Frozen desserts, ice cream treats, and more fruit-filled recipes are sure to cool things down.
- Strawberry Jello Pie: Fresh strawberries and strawberry gelatin make a super fruity, juicy dessert. The cool, jiggly texture of jell-o is sure to cool you down!
- Margarita Popsicles: This adults-only treat is the best of both worlds: icy popsicles to cool things down, and tasty margaritas for a kick of extra fun.
- Banana Split Dessert: Turn a classic banana split into a no bake, crowd-friendly dessert! Biting into this cold and fruity recipe will give you all the flavor of a sundae.
- Jello Salad: Strawberries, jell-o, pudding, cool whip, and marshmallows make up this super nostalgic and creamy dessert. It’s perfect for summer picnics and potlucks!
- Key Lime Pie: This classic pie will make you feel like you’re on vacation. The bright flavor is always refreshing.
- Lemon Raspberry Bars: The combination of lemon and raspberry makes these bars tart, sweet and citrus-y. And the bright pink color really pops–perfect for summer parties!
- Triple Berry Tiramisu: Blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries taste bright and delicious in this fruity, summery tiramisu dessert!
- S’mores Ice Cream Sandwich: Turn your favorite campfire treat into a fun ice cream sandwich for hot days. These are quick and easy to make!
- Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Pie: A pie made out of ice cream gets beautifully melty and tastes extra good when it’s warm outside. And you’ll love this Snickers Ice Cream Cake too.
- Banana Pudding: Super creamy with the bright flavor of real bananas, this pudding is a great idea for warm summer days.
Summer Desserts for a Crowd
Summer is a time for pool parties, cookouts, and gatherings of all kinds! Make any of these easy desserts to bring with you to a BBQ or potluck to serve a whole crowd.
- Strawberry Lemonade Poke Cake: This sweet, moist, and citrus-y cake is made with frozen lemonade, strawberries, gelatin, cream cheese, and cool whip for the most delightful summer dessert idea!
- Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars: Crescent roll dough creates a flakey crust for these buttery, cinnamon-y desserts bars. The creamy texture is a pure delight!
- Tres Leches Cake: The light texture of the sponge cake, sweet milk mixture, and warm cinnamon topping is surprisingly refreshing on a hot day.
- Strawberry Lemonade Cookie Bars: Top off sugar cookie dough with a quick, easy, fruity, and creamy topping to make these cookie bars that taste like summertime!
- Gooey Butter Cookies: What’s the easiest way to please a crowd? Bring fresh baked cookies! These gooey, cakey cookies are good for cookouts, BBQs, and picnics.
- Strawberry Sheet Cake: This sheet cake is perfectly pink with the delicious taste of fresh strawberries. Serve a whole crowd with this summer-y cake recipe.
- Snickers Apple Salad: Tart apples, pudding, bites of caramel chocolate candy bars, and caramel sauce make an easy dessert you can simply throw in the fridge until you’re ready to go.
- Cranberry Bliss Bars: This copycat recipe has a delightfully chewy texture with the flavors of cranberry and white chocolate. They’re so easy to make ahead of time for parties.
- Strawberry Fudge: This is the easiest fudge recipe, and the strawberry white chocolate flavor is perfectly sweet and summery.
- Strawberry Oatmeal Bars: A buttery oatmeal crumble, juicy strawberries, and shredded coconut make a fun and fruity snack for summer afternoons!
Keep cool, chill out, and enjoy summer with these easy desserts! They’re perfect for crowds and parties of all kinds, after dinner desserts outside, or afternoon treats when the kids come in from the pool.
More Summer Recipes
Enjoy the warm weather of summer with all of the best recipes! From drinks and cocktails to BBQ favorites, these ideas are just perfect.