Made from scratch, this homemade funfetti cake is the perfect addition to any birthday party or celebration. Filled with colorful sprinkles and topped with a creamy and thick vanilla frosting.
Best Funfetti Cake Recipe
If you have a birthday party coming up, or any celebration for that matter, then this funfetti cake is one tasty sweet addition! I mean, who doesn’t like cake at a party?!
Simple to make, this two layer cake is fun and colorful, and it’s simpler to make than you think!
Why you’ll love this Homemade Funfetti Cake recipe:
- MADE FROM SCRATCH: Ditch the boxed cake mix, and make this delicious cake in about the same amount of time!
- EASY RECIPE: This is a pretty simple cake recipe, and your little ones will love helping you in the kitchen to make this!
- PERFECT FOR OCCASIONS: This funfetti cake is perfect for birthdays, anniversaries and showers. There’s never a bad time for cake!
How to make Funfetti Cake from Scratch
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Beat together the sugar and butter and add in the wet ingredients.
- Add in the flour mix and combine.
- Fold in the sprinkles.
- Divide the batter between two pans and bake.
- Mix together the ingredients for the frosting.
- Add the frosting between the two cake layers and frost all over.
- Top with sprinkles and pipe frosting swirls.
How long does it keep?
This funfetti cake will keep well for up to 4 days, stored in an airtight container in the fridge. After this time, it will still be good to eat, but it will start to dry out a little.
Can you freeze it?
You can freeze this cake either frosted or unfrosted, though I find it easier before frosting.
Wrap the cakes in plastic wrap and foil and place into a freezer bag or container. They will keep well for up to 3 months. Thaw the cakes at room temperature before frosting and decorating.
If freezing a frosted cake, allow it to defrost in the fridge overnight.
It’s super east to make this cake from scratch, but you can use boxed cake mix if you prefer. You can easily mix up the colors for the frosting to suit specific occasions too.
- Make sure that your butter is at room temperature before using it so that it’s easily combined with the other ingredients.
- Don’t over mix the cake batter. The flour should be just combined. Over working it can cause the gluten to over develop.
- Make sure that the cakes are fully cooled before frosting them. I often make the cake the night before and then frost the next morning.
This is such a fun cake for Valentine’s Day desserts, birthday celebrations, kids parties, or any occasion that needs some fun!
This funfetti cake recipe is the perfect centerpiece for any celebration. Simpler to make than you think, you are sure to brighten someone’s day with this creation!
More Homemade Cake Recipes we Love
- Banana Pudding Poke Cake
- Strawberry Pound Cake
- Vanilla Sheet Cake
- Rainbow Cake
- Lemon Meringue Cake
- Better Than Sex Cake
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.