This STOVETOP CAPRESE PASTA BAKE is a one pot wonder! So simple, easy, and full of flavor. Our entire family loves this delicious pasta and it couldn’t be easier! Loaded with tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil.
I’ve always had a thing for caprese. There’s something magical about basil, tomato, mozzarella, and balsamic. It’s a flavor combination that I never seem to tire. Some of my favorite recipes have been composed of these ingredients. Chopped Caprese Salad, Stuffed Caprese Salmon, and Cheesy Caprese Dip just to name a few. I never got tired of the simple way the flavors go together like Henry and poofy hair. They just fit.
This is one of those meals that you can keep as simple as you want, or dress up with add-ons. Chicken or sausage would be a great protein to toss in for a dressier dinner, or serve this on its own in small portions as a side dish. It’s even great served cold as more of a pasta salad. So versatile and delicious! I am in love with this Caprese Pasta Bake if you can’t tell! I love how everything melts together to create such a burst of flavor. Yum yum yum!
This rustic Stovetop Caprese Pasta is such an easy way to feed your family and make sure everyone is happy. Henry (who is 11 months) ate this up and could pick it up with his hands which was great. My picky eater husband (much pickier than my baby) even loved it and went back for seconds. That’s the true test of a good recipe. I LOVE the fresh basil. I can never decide if I love basil or cilantro more. If you ask me today…it’s basil.
I hope you give this Stovetop Caprese Pasta Bake a try. It’s sure to please and is completely fool proof. My kind of recipe!
This STOVETOP CAPRESE PASTA BAKE is a one pot wonder! So simple, easy, and full of flavor. Our entire family loves this delicious pasta and it couldn't be easier! Loaded with tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil.
- 1 pound dry pasta, small or medium sized works best
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 jar (23.50 ounces) marinara sauce or any tomato-based pasta sauce
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 ounces mozzarella pearls, divided
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved, divided
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- Heat oven to 350°F. Butter or spray a 3-quart baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Fill a large pot with water and add 1-teaspoon table salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper and dried basil. Bring water to a boil and cook pasta to al dente, according to package directions. Drain.
- While pasta cooks, combine marinara sauce, heavy cream, balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, 2 ounces mozzarella pearls, 1-cup cherry tomatoes and 2 tablespoons fresh basil in a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with 2 ounces mozzarella pearls and 1 cup grape tomatoes.
- Cook 30 minutes, or until hot throughout. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons fresh basil.