Baked pasta primavera with cream cheese Alfredo sauce! This oven baked vegetable pasta with cheesy cream sauce is our favorite easy pasta recipe! The perfect family friendly meal.
EVERYONE needs a great baked pasta recipe. It’s essential for those busy weeknights, those date nights in, and everything in between. This BAKED PASTA PRIMAVERA WITH CREAM CHEESE ALFREDO is one of those staple recipes that will keep your family coming back for more…and more…and more. Customize with your favorite veggies (or meats!), and you’re only minutes away from a delicious dinner everyone will LOVE and ask for again. Perfection!
To me, there’s no better comfort food than baked pasta primavera. Fills the soul and the stomach. Such a pretty dish, loaded with all the best vegetables and of course TONS of cheese. Oh and Cream Cheese Alfredo! Can you imagine a more inviting meal? Oh and did I mention that it’s easy? SUPER EASY? Win win.
I can’t get enough of this Baked Pasta Primavera with Cream Cheese Alfredo. Maybe it’s my spirit food.
Which is unfortunate for my waist line!! BUT IT’S SO GOOD! I hope you try it soon and LOVE IT as much as we do!
Baked Pasta Primavera with Cream Cheese Alfredo
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion diced
- 1/4 red onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chopped yellow squash
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes whole
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 pound small penne pasta cooked
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons low fat cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- fresh thyme sprigs
- Preheat oven to 400F and grease a 9x13 (or large round) baking dish.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium/high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until fragrant and translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the squash and zucchini, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Saute until the veggies are soft and beginning to brown, about 6 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes and cook for just 2-3 minutes, until heated through but still retaining their shape.
- Transfer all the veggies to a large bowl and stir in the cooked pasta. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat. Once melted, stir in the flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Slowly add in the milk and bring to a boil, then reduce immediately to a simmer. Stir often for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Add in the grated parmesan and the cream cheese and stir until fully combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the cream sauce into the bowl with the pasta, and stir to coat all the pasta and veggies.
- Pour the pasta into the baking dish and sprinkle with the shredded mozzarella. Cover with the bread crumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the entire dish is heated through and the bread crumbs are browned.
Love baked pasta recipes? Here are a few more to try!
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake, from Inside BruCrew Life
Chicken Bacon Ranch Mac and Cheese, from It’s Yummi