Chocolate Covered Strawberry Baked Oatmeal is an easy oatmeal recipe that makes the perfect breakfast in bed for Valentine’s Day! This SUPER EASY breakfast recipe (or brunch) is ready from start to finish in under an hour, and will please the entire family! A healthier breakfast recipe with a bit of decadence.
Valentine’s Day has always been one of my favorite holidays. Even when I was single, for what seemed like my entire life, I thought it was such a fun time to spend with friends or just my best gal Scout at home. That dog got me through many holidays alone. She has since left me in the dust to pursue her obsession with Patrick, but I remember the good ole days.
This chocolate covered strawberry baked oatmeal recipe makes the perfect Valentine’s Day breakfast or brunch.
Whether you’re making it for friends, family, your love, or just yourself, breakfast in bed is for everyone!
You guys know I love easy breakfast recipes, and this Chocolate Covered Strawberry Baked Oatmeal takes the cake! SO EASY! It’s like a french toast casserole, but even easier. None of that wait time! Ready from start to finish in under an hour, you’re on your way to a comforting, healthier, yet decadent start to Valentine’s Day! I love how cozy this makes me feel.
Pat LOVES oatmeal and I always attributed it to him being the most boring eater ever. BUT this oatmeal recipe makes a breakfast that is anything but boring. It’s filling, bright, and delicious. Is there anything sweeter than breakfast in bed? Food and sleep, my two favorite things. And chocolate covered strawberries? Yes, please.
Enjoy a bowl of chocolate covered strawberry baked oatmeal, and Happy Valentine’s Day!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Baked Oatmeal (Breakfast in Bed for VDay!)
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup sliced strawberries you can use frozen sliced strawberries as well
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Whipped cream extra chocolate chips, sliced strawberries, and chocolate sauce for garnish; optional
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spray an 8x8 square baking dish or round baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, 1/3 cup brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, strawberries, and almost all of the chocolate chips. Pour the mixture into the baking dish and smooth out completely. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Using the same bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, butter, and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture over the oat mixture, making sure to cover the entire mixture. Tap the dish on the counter lightly to make sure its evenly distributed.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the edges are bubbly and the top is golden. The center should not jiggle.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Switch the oven to high broil and allow the oatmeal to toast for approximately 2-3 minutes. Watch it closely to make sure it doesn't burn.
- Remove from the oven and serve topped with fresh whipped cream, sliced strawberries, extra chocolate chips, or chocolate syrup. Toasted walnuts would also be tasty!