This INSTANT POT APPLE PIE OATMEAL is made in under 10 minutes and is making mornings easy and delicious! Top with some fresh whipped cream for an extra special treat.
Some people think there are only 4 seasons in a year. There are 5. The 5th and most important (my far) is APPLE PIE SEASON! Talk about a delicious and beautiful time of year. When the weather gets crisp and the leaves start to fall, I start to crave anything and everything apple pie; Apple Pie Sangria, Apple Pie Baked Brie, Apple Pie French Toast Casserole, the list goes on and on!
Well my favorite season has a new favorite breakfast, Instant Pot Apple Pie Oatmeal! Its creamy, toasty, loaded with apples and spices, and made in under 10 minutes. Just the kind of breakfast my morning hatin’ self is completely in love with.
Have you guys cooked with an Instant Pot yet?? Oh my GOSH, they’re life changing. I plan to use mine a lot in the future, but this Instant Pot Apple Pie Oatmeal was my first time trying it out. As you can see in the picture above it took some oats, water, and apples and turned them into this creamy dreamy breakfast in just 8 minutes. 8 MINUTES. That’s about 30 minutes longer you can sleep in and still have an amazing morning meal. If you don’t have one, you should get on that.
This Apple Pie Oatmeal wouldn’t be possible without my favvvvvvvorite oats, Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Steel Cut Oats. Bob’s Red Mill is all about quality, and it shows in their products. I’m so beyond proud to be working with them this year, and I want to shout my love from the rooftops. Their products are second to none, and they have something for everyone. They’re all about making eating healthy accessible to everyone, and I love that. Be sure to check out these oats and see everything else they have to offer.
See the recipe card below for details on How to Make Instant Pot Oatmeal. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Apple Pie Oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut Oats not quick cooking
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup apple cider if you don't have apple cider, you can skip this and use 2 1/2 cups water total
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large apple peeled and cored, diced
- fresh whipped cream walnuts, and diced apple as garnish (if desired)
- Set your pressure cooker (click HERE (affiliate) if you need to buy one!) to saute and add in butter. Allow butter to melt, spreading it across the bottom of the instant pot.
- Add in the oats and stir to coat in the butter. Stir continuously for approximately 2 minutes or until the oats are starting to toast.
- Pour in the water, cider, brown sugar, cinnamon, and apple. Stir to combine.
- Switch instant pot to "pressure cook" and set for 8 minutes.
- When it's done cooking, allow to sit closed for 5 minutes, naturally releasing some of the steam. Then press the release and allow the remaining steam to leave the pot.
- Open the pot (be careful!) and stir to freshen up the oatmeal. Doesn't it smell amazing?!
- Serve hot topped with fresh whipped cream, more diced apples, and walnuts if desired.