Copycat Starbucks Egg Bites are so easy to make and taste just like the real deal… only better! Bacon and gruyere egg bites are baked in the oven to perfection in just about 15 minutes. Perfect for meal prepping or on-the-go snacking – no drive-thru required!
What’s in this Starbucks Egg Bites Recipe
This recipe will save you a lot of dollars if you usually stop by Starbucks for breakfast!
- Eggs: I like to use free-range organic eggs when possible.
- Cottage Cheese: For the closest Starbucks copycat recipe, cottage cheese is a must. Instead of cottage cheese, you can try an equal amount of ricotta cheese but the egg bite texture might differ.
- Baking Powder: This is what helps the egg bites rise to the perfect fluffy height.
- Salt and Pepper: Freshly cracked black pepper tastes best! Omit the salt for a low-sodium option.
- Dried Thyme: Just a little bit of thyme creates the very best herbaceous note that’s subtle but so lovely!
- Shredded Gruyere Cheese: You can swap this cheese for any other kind you like best. However, gruyere is what Starbucks uses, so use that if you want the closest copycat.
- Spinach: Use fresh spinach for the best consistency, not frozen or canned.
- Bacon: It needs to be cooked and chopped. You can make bacon in the air fryer pretty quickly!
PRO TIP: You can omit the bacon to make these egg bites vegetarian-friendly.
What other cheese can I use?
Use up to 1 cup of your favorite freshly shredded cheese like Parmesan, mozzarella, cheddar, etc. or crumbled goat/feta cheese.
This is an easy recipe to customize to your preferences! Use up to 1 cup of any veggie like: roasted broccoli or cauliflower, chopped bell peppers, onions, or sun-dried tomatoes, sliced green onions, or diced tomatoes.
Absolutely! Instead of 6 eggs, use 1 cup of egg whites.
These egg bites are done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
How to Store/Reheat
You can store leftover egg bites in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat these egg bites in the microwave for about 60-90 seconds, until warmed through. You can reheat them right from frozen.
How to Freeze
Frozen egg bites will stay good for up to 2 months. Just make sure they’re stored in a freezer-safe container. Don’t forget to date and label!
A couple of these copycat Starbucks egg bites are great for a tasty breakfast on the go, but you can easily serve them up as part of a light lunch or even a dinner with salad or veggie sides. Try them with:
- German Potato Salad
- Peruvian Chopped Salad
- Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles
- Cheesy Roasted Vegetables
“These were fun!! Gonna start making em on the weekend and munching on em through the week.” – Gary
More Easy Breakfast Recipes We Love
- Egg McMuffin
- Make Ahead Breakfast Burritos
- Breakfast Hash
- Breakfast Burger
- Biscuit Breakfast Casserole
- Eggs Benedict