These delicious traditional warm German potato salad is tossed in a tangy mustard dressing for an easy side dish that is loaded with flavor.
Easy German Potato Salad Recipe
If you prefer your potato salad on the tangy side rather than loaded with creamy mayonnaise, then this German potato salad is a must try.
Simple to make, this potato side dish is perfect to serve all year round at picnics, cookouts and during the holidays. Top with some crispy bacon for a real treat.
Why you’ll love this German Potato Salad recipe:
- EASY: Just cook the potatoes and toss in the dressing. This is super simple but packs a lot of flavor.
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: You just need a handful of every day ingredients to make this side dish.
- VERSATILE: This is a great side to serve with all of your favorite mains. Great with chicken, beef, seafood and veggie dishes.
How to make German Potato Salad with Bacon
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Boil the potatoes until fork tender.
- Drain and cut into bitesized pieces.
- Mix together the ingredients for the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the potatoes and toss to combine.
- Top with crispy bacon and parsley to serve.
Do you serve it warm or cold?
This German potato salad recipe can be served warm or cold, and it will keep well for 3 to 4 days covered in the fridge.
Be sure to toss the potatoes in the dressing while they are still warm so that the absorb all of those flavors.
What are the best potatoes to use?
Red potatoes are perfect for this dish, there’s no need to peel them so their skins add some color too. I find waxier potatoes re best rather than starchy potatoes like Russets or Yukon Gold than tend to fall apart when tossed.
What do you serve it with?
This potato salad is great to serve with all kinds of meals, great for picnics and potlucks, but it wouldn’t be out of place on a holiday table either. Try it with:
- Cook the potatoes until they are fork tender, but still firm and not falling apart.
- There’s no need to peel the potatoes, just give them a wash.
- Pour the dressing over when the potatoes are still warm.
This German potato salad is so easy to make and loaded with fresh and tangy flavors. It makes a great change from creamy potato salad, I’m sure it will become a new favorite!
More easy Side Dish Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!