SUPER EASY WHITE WINE FONDUE! Made with swiss, gouda, and of course white wine. I can’t possibly have enough cheese in my life!
Cheese has always been a love in my life. Long before I learned to cook, cheese was still a favorite. Cheesy pastas, cheese smothered recipes, and if you want to be healthy, cheese on salads :) (right?). For me, it doesn’t get better than cheese DIPS as appetizers. There’s just nothing better than a melty bowl of cheese ready for dipping. This SUPER EASY WHITE WINE FONDUE is made in minutes and checks all the boxes for a simple and delicious appetizer. It’s perfect for gameday, the holidays (NEW YEARS EVE!), or just an everyday appetizer dinner at home.
The hardest part when making this Easy White Wine Fondue is deciding what to use as dippers. There are so many delicious options. I chose to make super simple marbled rye crostini, but you could use apples, veggies, or even chips. Apples…mmmmmm.
Now let’s get to the most important ingredient that REALLY makes this fondue amazing. WHITE WINE. And I didn’t just use any old white wine, I used my new favorite favorite white wine, entwine Wine Chardonnay. I am so honored to be working with entwine Wines this year. Their wines are my favorite for so many (in my opinion) important reasons. Each bottle is clearly marked with tasting notes and pairing suggestions; making those of us that are wine-o beginners look advanced! Their wines are also affordable, which is important to all of us and should be! I fell in love with entwine Wines when I found out that they were born from a partnership with Wente Vineyards (one of the best and oldest family wineries in the country) and Food Network (no introduction necessary). Click HERE to find out more about each varietal and find entwine Wines near you!
So there you have it. Wine and cheese are a match made in heaven, and this SUPER EASY WHITE WINE FONDUE proves it beyond a reasonable doubt!
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 12 ounces shredded or cubed gouda cheese
- 4 ounces shredded or cubed swiss cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup entwine Wines Chardonnay
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cooking Sherry
- In a small saucepan, saute the garlic over medium heat until translucent and fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine and stir to combine.
- Add in the cornstarch, both cheeses, salt and pepper to taste, and cooking Sherry. Use a whisk to stir and combine fully as the cheese melts. Stir continuously to make sure you don't burn the cheese.
- Stir in the basil. If the fondue is too thick, add a bit more wine. If too thin, add a bit more cheese.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately. Use crostini, bread cubes, apples, veggies, or chips as dippers.
I’m in a working relationship with entwine Wines. All opinions are 100% my own. Please remember to drink responsibly and only if you are over 21. Thank you SO much for supporting the brands that help support The Cookie Rookie!