These ham and cheese sliders are made with Swiss cheese, honey Dijon Mustard, and poppy seed dressing on Hawaiian rolls. With just 6 ingredients, you can make these hot ham sliders in the oven with ease. They make a great lunch, snack, or party appetizer!
What’s in this Ham Sliders recipe?
You only need 6 ingredients to make the most delicious, sweet and savory, ham and Swiss sliders in the oven!
- Hawaiian Rolls: These little sweetbread rolls are the star of the show. You can buy a pack of 12 at the store, or try making your own with this homemade Hawaiian rolls recipe.
- Ham: The easiest option is to pick up some deli ham at the store, since this will already be cooked and thinly-sliced. Any flavor variety will work. I recommend a honey ham or something a little sweet.
- Cheese: I recommend using Swiss cheese for this recipe, however you could use a different type of cheese if you prefer.
- Dijon Mustard and Honey: I like making my own honey dijon for this ham sliders recipe because it allows me to get the perfect level of sweetness.
- Poppyseed Dressing: Buy a bottle from the store or make your own. You can skip the dressing if you or anyone else doesn’t like it.
If you have any pick eaters to feed, you can skip the honey mustard and dressing completely, or leave it off a couple of the rolls just for them.
Hawaiian Roll Ham Slider Ideas
These hot ham and cheese sliders are so simple to make, and it’s easy to add different ingredients to change up the flavor. Here are some ideas!
- Hawaiian: Follow this Hawaiian Sliders recipe to add grilled pineapple slices, and a delicious marinade made with ginger, soy sauce, and brown sugar.
- Italian: Use provolone or mozzarella instead of swiss (or in addition to), and use Italian dressing instead of poppy seed.
- Meat Lovers: Layer up the meats and add slices of turkey, bacon, pepperoni, salami, or another favorite.
- Spicy: Use pepper jack cheese and add sliced jalapenos, or another pepper.
- Veggie: Add in some veggies, like bell peppers, zucchini, pickled beets, or sun-dried tomatoes.
To prep them ahead of time, assemble the sliders, place them in a baking dish, cover with plastic wrap/foil, and refrigerate. Then just brush with dressing and bake when you’re ready to serve.
These Hawaiian roll ham sliders are made to serve hot, but they taste great cold too. So if you’re storing leftovers in the fridge, they’re easy to grab for a quick lunch or snack.
Bake these for about 15-18 minutes in the oven. The ham should be pre-cooked, so you just need to bake long enough to warm everything through.
Absolutely. It’s an easy substitution! Just grab some deli turkey instead of ham, and you’re good to go.
After you’ve baked them, set the oven to about 175F. Then cover the sliders with foil and place them in the oven to keep them warm between servings. If you are making a few batches for a party, keep the extras in the oven until you need more.
How to Store & Reheat Sliders on Hawaiian Rolls
Store leftover ham sliders in an airtight container, or wrapped tightly in aluminum foil. They will keep in the fridge 2-3 days.
To reheat, place them in the oven at 350F until warmed through. They also taste great cold!
How to Freeze Ham and Cheese Sliders
You can freeze Hawaiian roll sliders if desired. I recommend wrapping them with foil and then placing them in a freezer-safe bag. They’ll keep up to 3 months. Let them thaw before reheating.
What to Serve with Ham and Swiss Sliders
Whether you’re serving these ham and Swiss cheese sliders as an appetizer for a crowd, or for an easy lunch with the family, there are plenty of other dishes that go well with them.
Make your favorite fries on the side. Try these garlic Parmesan sweet potato fries or these crispy zucchini fries to add some veggies to the meal.
These baked sliders are a great food to bring to potlucks, and it’s a kid-friendly dinner too!
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!
Easy to make and a hit with guests. Highly recommend.
Thanks for sharing, Kimberly!
Hi I am wondering if “Creamy” poppyseed dressing is okay? Thanks!
You can give it a shot!
I really wish the author would just post the recipe without all the fluff that is used to get views. It’s impossible to find the actual recipe.
In order to get high on the search page when you google recipes, those long blog post stories are necessary! Without them, this recipe could end up on the 50th “O” on your google search page! Please use the jump to the recipe at the top of the page to skip the fluff and go straight to the recipe.
Thomas, I’m guessing you don’t look up recipes very often. Every single recipe I have ever looked up, the recipe is always towards the bottom. If I’m not interested in reading all of the stuff above it, although usually, it’s full of tips from someone who has obviously made the recipe, then I just scroll down. This is not a true review of the recipe just of your frustrations of having to move your finger a little more to scroll down.
Don’t broil them at all!!! Completely ruined only after less than 2 min under broil so disappointed
Each oven is different! Definitely keep an eye on them if you want to broil at the end!
any tips for making these ahead for a camping (RV) trip?
I would prep them in the pan and keep refrigerated until you’re about to bake them!
Made these last night with regular dinner rolls and shredded Swiss..awesome.. the melted butter sauce is amazing. Had them today as leftovers and very good nuked for 25-30 minutes .. highly recommended.. very good!
Yum!! I’m glad you enjoyed them!
These sliders are so good! I made the ham and cheese and also sausage and cheese. We took them on our road trip, so we wouldn’t need to stop for breakfast.
What a great idea! I’m glad you enjoyed them!!
Oh joy!! Made these this evening!! Only thought of sliders as wonderful little hamburgers! Not any more. Great recipe!! Will be adding this little gem to Sport’s Night, church pot lucks, and those Friday evenings when we want something fast and delicious! A Keeper!!
Thank you to our Recipe queen!! BTW, I used the entire slice of cheese. Same with the ham. Just folded it over twice…to fit. Yum.
Thank you, Dee!
My family would eat these every week, they love them so much!!
Such a delicious lunch! Gotta love quick and easy!
That makes me so happy!