Ham and Cheese Sliders are such a simple recipe, and they make a great game day or party food. I am constantly on the hunt for EASY and delicious meals, and I found a new favorite! These Hawaiian Roll Sliders are a great family meal that even the kids will love.
Ham and Cheese Sliders
Hawaiian Roll Sliders are an easy and quick meal to make for the whole family. I love these Ham and Swiss Sliders, and kids do too!
Ham and Cheese Sliders on Hawaiian Rolls are something I’ve seen all over Pinterest. I’m always on the hunt for quick meals likes this, so I wanted to try them for myself. My friend Kathryn made similar sliders for a Trivia Night and I was hooked. They are so simple and so delicious.
This recipe is my version of the Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders.
Why You’ll Love this Hawaiian Roll Ham Sliders Recipe:
- EASY TO MAKE: Easy is a must for all my recipes, and these couldn’t be easier to make for a crowd. They have just 6 ingredients, and take about 30 minutes to make.
- PERFECT PARTY FOOD: These little sliders make great finger food for parties. Serve them on game day, at a BBQ, or even a kids’ party.
- KID-FRIENDLY: These hot ham sliders are great for kids and the whole family. They’re the perfect size for little ones, but flavorful enough for the hungry adults.
This Ham Sliders recipe checks all the big boxes: they are quick, easy, super delicious, and they re-heat well. They make an easy lunch when you just want something that’s simple but tastes GOOD.
These are cheesy, savory, and a little bit sweet, and I think that’s the perfect combination.
This Hawaiian Roll Sliders recipe is the perfect simple meal to make for your family. Kids and adults alike will love these little Ham and Swiss Sliders!
Hawaiian Roll Sliders
These Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders are so little yet so tasty! Using Hawaiian Rolls for these sliders was a no-brainer. They’re the perfect size for a mini sandwich, and the rolls add just the right amount of sweetness into the mix.
I like to pick up a package of these little rolls because you never know when you’re going to need a quick meal like these sliders.
Yes, Ham and Cheese Sliders on Hawaiian Rolls was a match made in heaven!
These little beauties have (semi) homemade Honey Dijon on the inside and are topped with creamy Poppyseed dressing on top. They’re like little flavor bombs! And you don’t even need that many ingredients to make them.
- Hawaiian Rolls: These little sweetbread rolls are the star of the show. You can buy a pack of 12 at the store, or try making your own with this homemade Hawaiian rolls recipe.
- Ham: The easiest option is to pick up some deli ham at the store, since this will already be cooked and thinly-sliced. Any flavor variety will work. I recommend a honey ham or something a little sweet.
- Cheese: I recommend using swiss cheese for this recipe, however you could use a different type of cheese if you prefer. Mozzarella or provolone would taste great!
- Dijon Mustard and Honey: I like making my own honey dijon for these hawaiian sliders because it allows me to get the perfect level of sweetness.
- Poppyseed Dressing: Buy a bottle from the store or make your own. You can skip the dressing if you or anyone else doesn’t like it.
The Best Ham and Swiss Sliders
These ham sliders are just SO good I tell you. I’m not sure why, but they’re way more amazing than you might think considering how simple they are.
One of the ‘food blogger curses’ is I can never make things twice. That seems like such a waste of time and energy when I’ve got to put out new recipes. But these Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders?
These are something I’ll be making again and again. If you invite me to a party in the near future, don’t be surprised if I show up with a big batch of these sliders.
Super Bowl Must Makes
101+ Best Super Bowl Recipes
Make these Ham and Cheese Sliders PLUS SO MANY MORE for game day this year.
Ham and Cheese Sliders for Gameday
We love a great Super Bowl Recipe, and these Hawaiian Roll Sliders are one of our favorite grab and go recipes to bring to a party. They’re the perfect appetizer for any game day gathering. They’re always gone in minutes, so be sure to make a double batch!
Kids Will Love These Ham Sliders
As you all know, creating kid-friendly recipes is important to me. As a mom, I need recipes that are really easy to make. I need simple meals that won’t scare the children away with weird ingredients. And of course I need recipes that I will love to eat just as much, because I don’t want to sacrifice flavor.
I mean, what kid doesn’t love ham and cheese? These are definitely an elevated version, perfect for adults. But kids will still love these ham and cheese sliders just as much.
If your kids are bit picky, you can always leave off the honey dijon mustard and Poppy seed dressing on a couple of the sandwiches. They’ll get a tasty hot ham and cheese slider, and you’ll get your Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders. It’s a win-win!
Yes, these keep in the fridge and reheat well, so you can definitely make them the night before. A good option is to assemble the sliders, place them in a baking dish, cover with plastic wrap/foil, and refrigerate. Then just brush with dressing and bake when you’re ready to serve.
Store sliders in an airtight container, or wrapped in aluminum foil. They will keep in the fridge 2-3 days.
You can freeze these if desired. I recommend wrapping them with foil and then placing them in a freezer-safe bag. They’ll keep up to 3 months. Let them thaw before reheating.
These hawaiian ham sliders taste SO GOOD hot, so I like to serve them warm. That being said, they actually taste really good cold too. So if you’re storing leftovers in the fridge, they’re easy to grab for a quick lunch or snack.
Bake these for about 15-18 minutes in the oven. The ham should be pre-cooked, so you just need to bake long enough to warm everything through.
Absolutely. It’s an easy substitution! Just grab some deli turkey instead of ham, and you’re good to go.
After you’ve baked them, set the oven to about 175F. Then cover the sliders with foil and place them in the oven to keep them warm between servings. If you are making a few batches for a party, keep the extras in the oven until you need more.
How to Make Ham and Cheese Sliders
These Ham and Swiss Sliders are so easy to make. You just need a package of Hawaiian Rolls, ham, Swiss cheese, a little bit of honey and some dijon mustard, and poppyseed dressing.
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Combine the honey and dijon mustard to create your own Honey Dijon
- Put the bottom of the Hawaiian Rolls into the baking pan and brush with the Honey Dijon
- Add a slice of ham and a slice of Swiss cheese to each roll
- Add bit more Honey Dijon to the tops of the rolls before placing them on top
- Brush as much Poppyseed dressing on top as you please
- Cover the dish with foil and bake 15-18 minutes
- Uncover and broil for just a few minutes to make the rolls nice and brown
- The recipe card calls for 9 rolls, but if you can fit 12 in your baking dish and have enough ham, go for it! The more sandwiches the better.
- The sliders will warm best in a preheated oven.
- Use non-stick spray on the bottom of the baking dish so the sandwiches don’t stick or rip apart.
- Broiling at the end adds a nice texture to the bread and ensures everything is nice and melty.
- You can make these without poppyseed dressing and/or the mustard if you prefer. Or leave them off just a couple of the sliders for any picky eaters.
- Store extras in the fridge and eat them later (cold or reheated).
- Keep the rolls connected when baking so that everything melts together. Then pull apart the ham and cheese sliders when ready to serve.
These Hawaiian ham and cheese sliders make a great appetizer, party food, or snack. But if you want to serve them at meal time, you’ll want to add something alongside them. You can always go with fries or chips, or add in some veggies.
Here are some great side dishes for sliders:
- Baked Sweet Potato Chips
- Parmesan Potato Wedges
- Homemade Doritos
- Cheesy Roasted Veggies
- Air Fryer Ranch Broccoli
You and your family will loves these Ham and Cheese Sliders on Hawaiian Rolls. They’re simple and absolutely delicious. I love how making baked sliders makes everything hot, juicy, and extra delicious. This is such a great recipe for feeding a crowd! Make it in other flavor combinations and get creative! The sky is the limit.
More kid-friendly recipes:
- Apple Cheddar Waffle Sandwich
- Baked Chicken Nuggets
- Baked Ham and Cheese Mozzarella Sticks
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cake Bars
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!