Stuffed with cheese for a delicious surprise, Juicy Lucy Burgers are an instant hit! Easy to make and cooked to perfection, these cheesy burgers are the star of any BBQ or potluck.
- Cheese Stuffed Burgers
- Why You’ll Love this Stuffed Burger Recipe:
- How to Make Juicy Lucy Burgers
- Serving Suggestions
- Can I use another kind of meat for these burgers?
- Should I toast the burger buns?
- What toppings go well with Juicy Lucys?
- More 30-Minute Dinner Recipes We Love
- More Delicious Burger Recipes to Try:
- Juicy Lucy Burgers Recipe
- Email This Recipe
- Nutrition Information
Cheese Stuffed Burgers
Burgers are delicious on their own, but stuffed with cheese? It doesn’t get much better! Originally invented in Minneapolis, these Juicy Lucy burgers (aka burgers stuffed with cheese) are a seriously fun twist on the classic hamburger.
Piled high with toppings, these stuffed burgers are always a hit. Learn how to make these cheesy burgers with this simple recipe!
Why You’ll Love this Stuffed Burger Recipe:
Mix up dinner tonight with this stuffed burger recipe!
Email This Recipe
Enter your email and we’ll send the recipe directly to you!
How to Make Juicy Lucy Burgers
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Divide the beef into 8 equal portions.
- Form the beef patties.
- Assemble the cheese-stuffed burger patties.
- Cook the burgers on a skillet.
- Serve on toasted buns, add toppings, and enjoy.
Juicy Lucy burgers are a burgers stuffed with cheese for a surprise filling when you take that first bite!
For best results, I recommend using sliced American cheese. It’s one of my favorite cheeses for burgers – it’s super smooth and melts beautifully. Instead of American cheese, use your favorite kind but keep in mind that some cheeses melt better than others.
Yes! Once the patties are formed and stuffed, refrigerate them for up to 24 hours before cooking.
Absolutely! Make sure the cheese is really sealed inside the burgers before grilling. Here are all of my tips for how to grill burgers.
Cook them to 145°F for medium burgers. Or follow this burger internal temp chart to find the correct temperature and time to cook your burgers exactly how you like them!
These cheeseburgers are delicious with any of your favorite burger sides like:
- Crispy Baked Fries
- Shoestring Fries
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Corn on the Cob
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- BBQ Baked Beans Casserole
- Garlic Parm Fries
Don’t forget the ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce!
- Fold the cheese into the center of the base patty before adding the second patty on top.
- Before cooking, pinch the edges of the burgers together to seal the cheese inside.
- The cheese inside is hot and melty so be careful when taking that first bite!
Homemade Juicy Lucy burgers and such a fun twist on burger night.
Can I use another kind of meat for these burgers?
While Juicy Lucy burgers are traditionally made with ground chuck, use your favorite kind of ground meat. Ground pork, turkey, chicken, or any combination are all great options.
Should I toast the burger buns?
Toasting the burger buns is totally optional but adds delicious flavor and texture to the burgers.
What toppings go well with Juicy Lucys?
Classic cheeseburgers toppings like tomatoes, onions, lettuce, pickles, and even more cheese pair well with these burgers.
More 30-Minute Dinner Recipes We Love
If you love a good cheeseburger, you’re going to go crazy for these Juicy Lucy burgers!
More Delicious Burger Recipes to Try:
- Wisconsin Butter Burgers
- Turkey Burgers
- BBQ Burgers
- Salmon Burgers
- Mushroom Swiss Burgers
- Smash Burgers
- Pizza Burgers
- Caramelized Onion Swiss Burgers
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.