Thai Iced Coffee has quickly become one of my favorite alcoholic coffee drinks. This Thai Iced Coffee Recipe is such a refreshing, flavorful, and easy iced coffee recipe. We have made an alcoholic as well as a non-alcoholic version of this delicious iced coffee recipe, which infuses spices right into the brewing and uses sweetened condensed milk for both sweetener and creamer. The best way to wake up is this dreamy, creamy, Thai Iced Coffee!
Thai Iced Coffee Recipe
Thai Iced Coffee is so delicious and unique, you won’t believe how easy it is to make at home!
Even though it’s currently Winter, I’m always in the mood for iced coffee. There’s just something so refreshing about that cold caffeine pulsing through my veins. I love to drink it year round, when it’s both hot and cold outside.
This easy Spiked Thai Iced Coffee version hits the spot every time I make it, and can be easily made with alcohol or without (while still maintaining all the flavor!).
And of course that all depends on what type of day you’re having. :) Alcoholic Coffee Drinks just might be the cure to all the World’s problems!
Thai Iced Coffee is made my adding spices to the brew, then using sweetened condensed milk to add creaminess and sweetness.
Thai Coffee is an easy way to enjoy something different than just black coffee in the mornings. I love the extra spice from the cardamom and the nutty flavor from either almond extract or Amaretto.
Like I said, it depends on what type of day you’re having. This is a great Spiked Coffee Recipe to make for an after dinner drink if you’re hosting friends or family!
I’m also one of those weirdos that loves a ton of cream in my iced coffee but likes my hot coffee black. In what world does that make any sense?? I’m not sure…but it’s just the way it is.
Why You’ll Love this Thai Coffee Recipe:
- QUICK AND EASY: It takes minutes to make up this spiced coffee recipe, much quicker that collecting from your local coffee shop!
- COMFORTING: Made with cardamom, this coffee is full of wonderfully warming aromas and flavors. This is a great one to cozy up with!
- EASY TO ADAPT: This recipe is so easy to make exactly to your tastes, make it creamier, boozier or non-alcoholic.
If you are looking for an easy way to mix up your coffee, this is one delicious way to do it. I’m sure you’ll enjoy my current caffeine squeeze as much as I do!
How to make Thai Iced Coffee
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Add the cardamom to the ground coffee and brew.
- Pour into a glass and add Ameretto or almond extract.
- Pour over crushed ice and top with condensed milk.
- I love the way the coffee, cardamom, and almond flavors come together in this Thai Iced Coffee. It’s the simple pleasures! Make in non-alcoholic for your first cup of the day, and enjoy the cocktail version after the day is done. Win win!
- If you want even more sweetness than just the sweetened condensed milk is giving you, you can also add sugar to taste. No shame in your game! This is YOUR morning, you make your Thai Iced Coffee however you please!
I get this question emailed to me a lot in reference to this recipe. They’re similar, but different. Vietnamese Coffee is typically brewed very strong with a drip apparatus and then sweetened with sweetened condensed milk.
The main difference for Thai Iced Coffee is that spices are added directly to the coffee grounds/beans before brewing. In this case we use cardamom!
If you like, you can brew the cardamom coffee and then keep it covered and refrigerated. When ready to serve, pour it over the ice and top with the condensed milk. Don’t pour it over the ice too far ahead of time, as the ice will, melt and dilute the coffee.
I prefer to use brewed coffee. In a pinch, you can make up some instant coffee and then stir ground cardamom into it.
This Thai iced coffee drink is so easy to make. It’s perfect in the summer months, but I can easily enjoy it any time of the year!
More Coffee Recipes
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.