This delicious Banana Split Dessert is a no-bake recipe with a graham cracker crust, a cream cheese pineapple layer, bananas, and cream with cherries on top! This is always a crowd pleaser and a perfect summer dessert.
This creamy, tangy and sweet Banana Split Dessert is so easy and quick to make! Perfect for BBQ’s, pot lucks and any gathering, really! Plus, when it’s hot outside, the last thing you want to do is crank up your oven and sweat it out in the kitchen, it’s a win, win, win!
How To Make This No Bake Banana Split Dessert – Step by Step
No Bake Banana Split Dessert
No-Bake Banana Split Cake has all the fabulous flavors you’d expect from a scrumptiously ooey- gooey banana split sundae, all in an easy to prepare no-bake dessert. Complete with maraschino cherries on top of course, because it wouldn’t be a banana split without a cherry on top!
Can I Use Real Whipped Cream?
Real whipped Sweetened Heavy Whipping Cream can be substituted for the frozen whipped topping. Before adding the cream topping, cover and refrigerate the dessert until ready to serve, then add whipped cream and your favorite toppings right before serving.
Banana Split Dessert – A Make Ahead Dessert
You can make this dessert the night before you plan to serve it. You may be wondering if the bananas will turn brown but once they are covered with the pineapple and whipped cream, they do not brown so you can make this a day in advance. Once you do slice into it though and air hits the bananas, they will start to brown so this dessert is best eaten within 2 days.
Top Tips For This Banana Split Dessert
- It’s important to follow the chilling instructions in the recipe to make sure all the layers set up properly. This cake takes a few hours to make, but the majority of that time is waiting for the layers to firm up.
- This cake is best served within 24 hours after making it. The acid in the pineapple helps to keep the layer of bananas fresh, but eventually the bananas can soften and discolor.
- You can use whipped topping or whipped cream in this recipe. I typically use whipped topping because it’s less work, but if you want to whip your own heavy cream with some sugar, free free. Do not use the aerosol style whipped cream as it will quickly deflate.
- You can use any sundae toppings you like to decorate your cake. Any variety of sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, toffee bit, caramel sauce will work.
Check Out These Other Delicious Desserts
- 88+ Easy Thanksgiving Desserts Ideas and Recipes
- Pumpkin Pie Dessert Lasagna (Pumpkin Lasagna)
- S’mores Dessert Pizza Recipe (Easy S’mores Pizza)
- 10 Healthier Desserts
Have you tried this No Bake Banana Split Dessert? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!